• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 reddragon OFFLINE  

reddragon

• Member No: 6412
  • 3 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 06:20 PM

ive caught the tractor bug!......ive had a ridiculous amount of riding mowers.....but am gravitating towards garden tractors because they are just built better and stronger.....besides i just spent last weekend tilling a winter garden with my friend with my 18/6 and a tiller and blade he had for it [ but he wont sell it to me:mecry: ] ...and im hooked......i have a '66 Bolens 850...'77 Sears 18/6....'94 MTD 46/14....but im here to ask about some tractors for sell locally....can you guys tell me what you think?...id like them all...but i have to control myself:smile1:............. john deere 216 ..... Ford LGT 145 lawn mower ... ... Ford LGT Garden Tractor ... 1960 moline tractor ....im kidding about the Moline [ but its a beauty

Edited by reddragon, September 26, 2011 - 06:33 PM.

#2 reddragon OFFLINE  

reddragon

• 3 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 06:25 PM

heres a couple more i missed............ Jacupson tractor .... Riding Mower .... Craftsman Riding tractor with scraper and spreader ... Sears Craftsman tractor with blade ......i kinda like the GT6000 because it has attachments......are the FORDs hard to get parts for?..........Jabobson built the FORDs .....right?

Edited by reddragon, September 26, 2011 - 06:31 PM.

#3 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 06:27 PM

Sounds to like you have Got It Real Bad Buy them all, And start building more room. Welcome to GTtalk

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,330 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 07:02 PM

I love the Sears stuff, think they are very capable machines. I will say this, however, if you don't want to take the deck off to do a little leveling with a back blade, you're going to have to buy a different Sleeve Hitch. That one goes up and down with the Same lever as the deck... Sounds good in theory, and is OK, but in the real world where you mowed earlier and now want to smooth out a little gravel or what not, you have to remove the mower to do it. I actually had this problem with my GT5000. The front blade goes up and down with the lift lever, but if I bought that style sleeve, so would my back blade. I have found it useful to have the box blade on behind while using the push blade. Best of both worlds.

The SS you have in that list looks nice, but no mower or 3 point...

The Ford looked nice, heck they all do... I agree with Dale... Buy 'em all and add on LOL.

#5 Littledeere ONLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 08:48 PM

Well I think you know which one I will vote for

But you need to set down and figure what options you want tiller,blade,loader,deck,turn plow ect
Some are high dollar options or hard to find for different models or both

#6 reddragon OFFLINE  

reddragon

• 3 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 04:07 PM

that blade on the SEARS looked too big....like it was off something else.....and with no rear weights might get goofy?

#7 reddragon OFFLINE  

reddragon

• 3 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 04:08 PM

like all of you....parts are important....i have a Sears....but how are parts availability for the others?

#8 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 07:20 PM

Man! You DO have it bad!! LOL I can't speak for parts availability for all of the brands listed above, but the Sears stuff...as long as it isn't too old, and the JD stuff have readily available parts outlets. I'm sure that there are some folks on here who can advise you on the rest!

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted September 28, 2011 - 05:14 AM

You can still get some of the Ford/Jacobsen parts through New Holland.

#10 reddragon OFFLINE  

reddragon

• 3 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 09:27 AM

im waiting for a call back.....but that lgt 165 has a 25hp kohler.....i was told you cant put engines that big on those frames