Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips, how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

Cub Cadet. Electric Lift

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 troy64 OFFLINE  

troy64

• Member No: 6448
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 12:30 PM

I have a 147 with an electric lift. However, the lift will briefly work and then stop. If I detach it, then reattach the lift will work again for a short time.

Is it possible to buy and install a new motor for the lift? What are the typical causes for this type of fault?

Edited by troy64, September 26, 2011 - 05:32 PM.

#2 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 207 Thanks
  • 345 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 12:40 PM

Just a quick guess would be the motor brushes are shot or the gearing is bad inside the unit itself. I do not know if they are rebuild-able or not. Hope fully someone else will chime in with more knowledge. Oh and welcome to GTtalk.

#3 troy64 OFFLINE  

troy64

• Member No: 6448
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 05:49 AM

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check the linkage and make sure it is not binding, as well.

Would anyone know where to get the black plastic cap that fits on the end of the switch on the dash?

#4 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 07:34 AM

the electric lift is a pain in the neck. i have a 147 as well, someone replaced the original electric lift with something that doesnt belong. it changed the geometry where the snowblower rod goes. i have been trying to find a good used original type lift unit but everyone seems to want an arm and a leg for them if they work. i havent been working for the lawnmower junkyard guy much anymore, i have an infant son to take care of so it just got to be too much. i will say that every IH cub cadet he had for parts, including a 147 was missing the electric lift. i was considering replacing the electric lift with a hydraulic narrow frame unit. one of those units that is driven by the flywheel side of the engine. they arent cheap either, but it think they are more reliable and work better. can it be done with a 147?

also the original switch does not have a black plastic cap on it, since it is a chrome switch. try to find a good used switch, these are close to 100 bucks at the dealerships.

#5 Sergeant OFFLINE  

Sergeant

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4149
  • 42 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 07:35 PM

The electric actuators are rebuild able and the Kit is still available from any Cub Dealer. I have a electric lift myself on my Cub 106 when it goes instead of fixing it I plan on buying a Warner electric actuator either a B-Track K2VL 600Lbs lift or a B-Track K2 1500Lbs lift just so I can have a faster lift with a more modern actuator and it won’t take so Long to lift the snow blower in the winter or I’ll be able to add weight to some of my Brinly Hitch Implements and pick them up without any trouble The Brinly 38inch Box scrape with weight takes a little longer to Pickup

B-Track K2VL 600Lbs lift Posted Image
B-Track K2 1500Lbs lift Posted Image
and you can get them slightly customized so it should fit where the original actuator is Posted Image

But for right now the current actutor is doing what I need just fine when it goes one of those above will be on my 106:thumbs:

#6 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted October 06, 2011 - 07:59 PM

someone already replaced the electric lift on my 147 with a warner electric lift unit. i have some issues with it. it's terrible when it comes to the snowblower. somehow the hole in the lift bracket wont reach the lift rod for the snowblower. i tried making a custom rod and i couldnt get much lift out of the snowblower. maybe an inch or two, and it lifts it really slowly. it looks like an older warner unit so i have no idea what model it is, but im not too happy with it. the newer warner units might be allot better im not sure.

#7 Sergeant OFFLINE  

Sergeant

Tractorholic

• 42 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted October 07, 2011 - 09:10 AM

someone already replaced the electric lift on my 147 with a warner electric lift unit. i have some issues with it. it's terrible when it comes to the snowblower. somehow the hole in the lift bracket wont reach the lift rod for the snowblower. i tried making a custom rod and i couldnt get much lift out of the snowblower. maybe an inch or two, and it lifts it really slowly. it looks like an older warner unit so i have no idea what model it is, but im not too happy with it. the newer warner units might be allot better im not sure.

What Duty of Warner I wonder?
Because there is
Light, General and Rugged Duty actuators The two I mentioned one is General the other is Rugged Duty Because I have friends with the rugged Duty Mounted and They have had none of the Problems you mentioned But they are newer actuators that is the only reason I'm will to stay with a electric actuator for my 106 instead of getting a Narrow Frame Hydraulic lift Kit:thumbs:

#8 Sergeant OFFLINE  

Sergeant

Tractorholic

• 42 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 08:17 PM

Well My reason for Going with a New actuator is speed and it will Pick up the Blower Better and Not Put as much ware on the actuator as the Blowers do to the original actuators But The rebuilt One will Perform well But still at the same speed as the Originals That were Mounted which is aggravating when Using a Blower But fine for Most Other applications with the Cub such as tilling or Blade work:thumbs: