powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 11:08 AM

Took a long weekend, had a good sized projects list, and managed to get several checked off as done including removal of a VERY tired wood shed at the in-laws, wife and I got that cleared out, it had become the catch all storage facility by us and the rest of the family for everything but fire wood..... and then down and taken apart. The dump pile is gone and the salvage is in 2 piles, one for the BIL to fix his shed, the other will become shop stove wood. Then Sunday the wife says lets go check on our friends, they have a bridge they have to re-deck or they can't get to their house....... SO spent the afternoon helping move and position 18 feet of 3" green hemlock bridge decking, 15' long. The timbers were 150 ft up the drive from the bridge and 20 feet off the road, I wish I had the camera, it was a PROJECT involving ropes, chains, a skidway down the drive and a 4 wheeler for power. We arrived at 1 and when we left at 6 the new deck was done and they could drive to the house for the first time in almost 2 weeks.
That was a new one for me and as I have been re discovering lately a 55 yr old body that sits too much during the week, feels that kind of work a bit more that it used to.....:D:confuse:
But now can say I have helped deck a wooden bridge!!
P.

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 11:22 AM

Glad someone had a productive weekend. Good to hear you got a bunch done, sorry you are feeling the aftereffects.