• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kent OFFLINE  

kent

• Member No: 6537
  • 1 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 09:59 AM

What kind of oil does a bush hog javalina take also does anyone know what kinds of equipment was made for this model . thanks :smile1:

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 10:33 AM

Kent,welcome to the forum.
Glad to have you with us.

Sorry,I can't help with your question,but someone will be a long.

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 11:12 AM

What kind of oil does a bush hog javalina take also does anyone know what kinds of equipment was made for this model . thanks :smile1:

Welcome! Glad to have another Bush Hog owner! It is spelled Jabalina, but pronounced like hav-O-leena. The manual calls for 4 qts "type A" automatic trans fluid, but I use Dexron III in all of mine. I have 3 JBI's. Is yours a JBI or JBII model? The JBI is 14hp with 6 lug rear rims, with the JBII using 5 lug rims & a 12hp Briggs.
  • Bolens 1000 said thank you

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 11:15 AM

BH2.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• BH10.jpg
  • BH4.jpg
  • BH8.jpg

#5 kent OFFLINE  

kent

• 1 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 11:39 AM

no the serial plate definately says javalina it has 5 bolt pattern though

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 01:39 PM

no the serial plate definately says javalina it has 5 bolt pattern though

If it does have the "V", then it was a mistake by a worker making the plate. I have heard of many typo's on the ID plates. Mine all have the "B", and here's a shot of my original manual. That's where the "JB" comes from....it's short for Jabalina. In Spanish, the B is pronounced as a V. That's why workers made mistakes.

DSC00595.jpg

#7 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 03:08 PM

Been so long since I actually looked at my JB ID plates, so I looked at them after getting my cow stall bedded. The one that I know was correct with "Jabalina" was given to me off the tractor when I bought it & I have mis-placed it for the moment (gotta find that rascal too!). One of my other 2 tractors indeed does have a mis-marked plate with "Javalina" on it. On my 3rd tractor it isn't painted on, but rather stamped with "JBI" in the model area.
I actually have spoken with several Bush Hog staff over the years, even the CEO as of year 2007, and they most definitely said they were spelled "Jabalina".

#8 kent OFFLINE  

kent

• 1 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 04:57 PM

here is a pic of the plate and indeed it does have a typo weird!! file:///C:/Users/justin/Pictures/2011-09-26/330.JPG

Edited by kent, September 26, 2011 - 05:02 PM.
i didnt post my pic right

#9 kent OFFLINE  

kent

• 1 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 06:41 PM

Been so long since I actually looked at my JB ID plates, so I looked at them after getting my cow stall bedded. The one that I know was correct with "Jabalina" was given to me off the tractor when I bought it & I have mis-placed it for the moment (gotta find that rascal too!). One of my other 2 tractors indeed does have a mis-marked plate with "Javalina" on it. On my 3rd tractor it isn't painted on, but rather stamped with "JBI" in the model area.
I actually have spoken with several Bush Hog staff over the years, even the CEO as of year 2007, and they most definitely said they were spelled "Jabalina".

What kind of cow??And do you happen to know the name staff you talked to because we were a bush hog dealer for 25 years until we closed this spring.The reason I ask was because i may know who you talked to.

#10 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 06:59 PM

What kind of cow??And do you happen to know the name staff you talked to because we were a bush hog dealer for 25 years until we closed this spring.The reason I ask was because i may know who you talked to.

I should have typed cow "stall(s)". I dairy farm and have 73 milking right now, and another dozen or so dry. All Holstein.
I spoke to several of the guys, one of which is gone now. Most of the names escape me. The main guy I spoke to was D. Hastings. I met him at the Louisville National Farm Machinery Show after I supplied the decals for their Bush Hog D4-10 restore. Garden Tractor Talk - Bush Hog Corporation's D4-10 Restore

#11 kent OFFLINE  

kent

• 1 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 08:15 AM

Cool i have a great uncle who has a dairy farm but he isnt milking near as many. As for the bush hog staff i dont know him im most familiar with ken thorton but he hasnt worked there since alamo bought out bush hog.