coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 06:23 PM

Ok so we have the intake and carb working good. Decarbed the head and did a vlave job. Reset the valves to spec. Now I am blowing oil up into the air cleaner via the breather tube. I am blowing so much that the oil is running down the venturi and into the intake. When I get a enough or mow on the hill it looks like I am fogging for skeeters. I ran a compresion test a few days ago and I am getting between 110psi and 115psi on both cylinders. The engine does smoke a little at start up and then a little before it starts slugging into the breather tube.

The engine is a BF/MS on a wheel horse D160. This model uses a breather tube without the mesh inside it like the BM models. I just ordered a new tube from onanparts.com because my old one was cracked into.

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 07:50 PM

My B48G has done this on occasion, & doesn't have to be on a slope, as every time it's done it, it was sitting perfectly level. I think it may have been a little over full on oil and the crank slinging oil into the breather area. I've kept the oil level between the lines ever since & no further problems. Mine was slugging so much oil that it soaked my air cleaner on the bottom so bad, that the oil wicked up it, then causing a rich fuel mix. But like I said, never a problem since carefully watching my oil level. Now if you are still using a vacuum fuel pump, if it's diaphragm is busted, it will suck gas into the crankcase, raising the oil level & thinning out the oil. That will make the smoke in a hurry & possibly hurt the engine too.

#3 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 08:51 PM

I did over fill it once and saw the same thing happen. I over filled it because after I shut it off I immediatley checked the oil, there was about 1/4 inch on the dipstick so I filled it up to the line.

Before I cranked it today I checked the oil, it was at the just shy of "add". I drove it over to my shop where the oil is and checked again, it was only had about 1/4 inch on the dipstick. Not unusual, so i gave it 2 glugs of oil. I had also changed the oil filter friday night and not added any oil back. I am beginning to wonder if my dipstick is the correct lenght.

I think i will look up the correct amount of oil that it holds, then drain the oil and put in the correct amount and see where that puts me on the dipstick.

Mine is definatley wicking up on the filter. I didnt think about it richening the mix. that explains why the throttle acts differently after a awhile. i thought i hadnt adjusted the carberator correctly.