• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 05:12 AM

Hi Larry. Sorry to hear your back issues are flared up. I feel your pain having had back problems since I was in my teens. I have L4-L5 disc compression and what you describe sounds familiar to me. I have efectively stopped those acute attacks by doing streatches and strengthening exercises and by realizing that my back is a finite resource and if I use it to much I will pay the price. I hope you get some relief soon.

#17 Alc OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,293 Thanks
  • 6,498 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 05:33 AM

Hope just taking it easy and over the counter meds take care of it for you . Al

#18 Gtractor OFFLINE  

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,404 Thanks
  • 3,816 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 07:20 AM

Hope you bounce back quickly.
Be careful with those crutches.! Last time I threw my back out I was using crutches to walk and tore my shoulder up and that took longer to ease than the back did. One step forward and two steps back. :wallbanging:

#19 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 08:38 PM

Hope you get better soon. Back pain STINKS, mines L5, flipped a motorcycle in 79, my salvation was the traction table at the chiro-crackers office. I developed my own version which has kept me out of the office since 2005. When real bad I lay on my back with my legs on the couch, put my hands on my hips and push down on my hips with my arms, pushing my hips away from my shoulders. Helps stretch out the compression and can make a difference quickly. Also do the same thing sitting down at times, seems to work good for me but be careful if you try this.

#20 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 09:03 PM

Yep, man get better. Those guys do know what they're talking about with physical therapy and stretching. Give it a chance if the doc is wanting you to try it. If surgery would help, take it. We've had 2 successful back surgeries of family members in the last 3 years.

#21 trowel OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 09:19 PM

Hey, hang in there, sorry to hear about that, my friend just whent thru a back surgury this past winter, is doing much better now, he's a farmer so it really hurt him in more ways then one but he's up and doing good now,
with regards,