• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 doggawn OFFLINE  

doggawn

• Member No: 6457
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 12:31 PM

I'm starting to repair my MF 1450 and was wondering if anyone on this site has been down this road and could provide me some help. I'm unfamiliar with these machines, but I'm excited to get to work! I have a manual thanks to this site, but I couldn't find the answers I needed.

1. The 3 point hitch has a top bar to attached to implements. The mount on the tractor broke and is missing. Does anyone have a picture of what the mount looks like and where I could get one? New or used. I can send pictures if that would help.

2. There is no parking brake. If I depress the clutch/ brake i can stop, but when I put it in park, it doesn't work. How would you approach this if you were me? Is there a parking brake that eventually needs replaced, or probably an adjustment?

3. The rear PTO isn't turning. It is turning underneath the tractor, but it is not turning the PTO on the back. The gentlemen I bought it from said the PTO needs a new adjuster spring. Do you know where I could buy one of these and where this spring is located?

Thank you all for your help.

#2 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 05:29 PM

Hi

1. Are you talking about the top link? Post pictures of what you have.
Below is a picture of what you should have sort of.

2. You need to do some adjustments to make that brake/parking break work properly. Did you down load the service manual?
I'm pretty sure that's covered in there. I played with that on my 1450 some time ago. Very finicky.

3. Sorry can't help you on that, but if you look at agcopartsbooks.com and identify the part missing, you should be able
to still order that from a MF dealer.

Attached Thumbnails

• $(KGrHqIOKiwE4qGshn4(BON4KteY7Q~~_12.jpg

#3 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4529
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 06:10 PM

sherwood, how long is the top link? mine is missing and need to make one:smile1:

#4 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 06:13 PM

Can't tell ya off hand. I'll measure in the next couple of days. 9"-11" rings a bell, but I'll check.
  • brokenbudget said thank you

#5 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4529
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 06:15 PM

cool beans mang! i'm gone in a few minutes for vacation and won't be back for a week:bounce: na na na nna boo booooo!:D

#6 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 06:16 PM

Have fun

#7 doggawn OFFLINE  

doggawn

• Member No: 6457
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 05:29 AM

Hi

1. Are you talking about the top link? Post pictures of what you have.
Below is a picture of what you should have sort of.

2. You need to do some adjustments to make that brake/parking break work properly. Did you down load the service manual?
I'm pretty sure that's covered in there. I played with that on my 1450 some time ago. Very finicky.

3. Sorry can't help you on that, but if you look at agcopartsbooks.com and identify the part missing, you should be able
to still order that from a MF dealer.

Thank you for your help. I am missing the top link. Do you know where I could buy one?

I will try adjusting the brake based on the manual tonight when I get back home.

I think I need to go visit an MF dealer and see what they can do to help me.

Thank you,

#8 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 08:34 AM

No, I haven't found a source for that top link.

I did however make one, by buying a longer one, and cutting the body and the threads, and then welding the shortened body
back together.

#9 Frank Morris OFFLINE  

Frank Morris

• Member No: 5542
  • 11 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 08:28 AM

Cant buy one, there a permanent part of the hitch they dont come off unless someone breaks them, have to have on made from a 1 1/2"x 1 1/2'" block of steel, adjuster spring may stillbe available from Massey, the parts breakdon on the hitch and PTO are in the accessory parts manual section in the back of one of the parts manuals. On the brake, refer to the service manual whole section on adjusment/repair

#10 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 08:47 AM

I think Will and Frank Have you cover on the brake and 3 point.
On the PTO I would suggest going to the parts book in our manuals section and compare with you have with what is in the parts book. There are so many thing that could cause the PTO to be inoperative. If you are missing belts there are still available though your MF dealer.