Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,253 Thanks
  • 3,279 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 10:34 AM

Alright....here is what I have so far:

1st- 1965 (pretty sure) Heavy Duty sears model 917-8420 - complete but not running- pretty rare from what I can tell- fiberglass hood fairly modern looking considering the time it was built.

2nd- Sears 13196460 6hp compact mower- small version 32"deck- looks to be all there....just not running....

Any help would be appreciated....both models some to be pretty obscure.......I own the heavy duty....and being complete....just looking for others who may have imput....picture attached

2nd is one I am considering.....

Also I have found a couple of sears sites that offer info....neither has much on these.
Hoping someone else has one or has done some research on them.

Attached Thumbnails

• 8-3-2011cl%20(7).JPG

#2 CountryLoveSales OFFLINE  

• Member No: 3899
  • 9 Thanks
  • 47 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 11:48 AM

SACSR, the first one was made by AYP for Sears, I will have to check my manual library at the shop, but I think I have the service manual and parts manuals for this tractor. The other was made for Sears by MTD.
  • MH81 and sacsr have said thanks

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,722 Thanks
  • 28,356 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 01:15 PM

Looks to be a Tec engine. First step is to see if it has the points cover on the front opposite side from this pictures perspective.
No cover, no points.

From that era it may have them, then check for check for spark. Hopefully you got spark, that's half the battle with these.