#17 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 24, 2011 - 08:38 PM

Aw jeez, sorry about the calf, that's money lost and an aggravation, get them gone and fast too, once move in they will not stop, sooner or lator they may try for the cows after all the calfs are eaten up, i wish you and your 308 the utmost speed and pin-point accuracy,
no joy for the coyotes,

#18 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,507 Thanks
  • 5,025 posts

Posted September 24, 2011 - 08:45 PM

Last two nights after dark when out in the yard I could hear the coyotes yapping like crazy to the east. Sometimes they are so loud that it makes the hair stand up on my neck. Just last week some guy around here caught a mountain lion on his trail camera. I guess it's time to start carrying heat when I'm out running the dogs with the 4 wheeler.

#19 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted September 24, 2011 - 11:15 PM

Daniel, get those coyotes. A 308 should do a nice job on them. Get them all, so you don't have to do it again.

#20 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,464 Thanks
  • 39,695 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 05:43 AM

Daniel, sorry to hear of your latest challenges. I can understand the need to vent those frustrations. I have my challenges with FF to contend with right now. Good luck with it all.

#21 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 01:36 PM

Good luck with the coyote erradication. I have yet to see one on my place, but hear them over on the next ridge at night.
They could have all the deer that ate my garden this year! Just leave the farmers stock alone!

#22 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted September 30, 2011 - 02:55 PM

Daniel, any luck killing them killers? The good old Pa game commission actually stocked them here along with bobcats, of course they will not officially admit it. We work on the two way radios they use and some of the rabbit cop had mention they had released them to control over population of the deer herd. The neighbor lost two alpaca. They also say we have no elk here in Jefferson county, well the only thing I can say about is the white tail must be crossbreeding with limousine cattle around here. hope you get it undercontrol. Shawn

#23 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted September 30, 2011 - 05:52 PM

There's a picture or two online showing bigger than bobcats around PA. There are theories that they have transplanted big cats in the mountains east of here to help thin the deer herd too. Makes me shake my head when people tell me there must not be any deer left, cause they can't find any during Deer Season.

#24 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted September 30, 2011 - 06:11 PM

There's a picture or two online showing bigger than bobcats around PA. There are theories that they have transplanted big cats in the mountains east of here to help thin the deer herd too. Makes me shake my head when people tell me there must not be any deer left, cause they can't find any during Deer Season.

Yes the Large cats are here,did not want to say it because we just had the whole yahoo news, there is no big cats in PA crap. Shawn

#25 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted September 30, 2011 - 06:21 PM

Yahoo News... Hmm...

AAACHOO!!!

Sorry, allergic to BS. I saw some of that and decided I didn't want to be lied to that much.

#26 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted September 30, 2011 - 06:40 PM

Yahoo News... Hmm...

AAACHOO!!!

Sorry, allergic to BS. I saw some of that and decided I didn't want to be lied to that much.

:bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl: I agree!

#27 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 280 Thanks
  • 269 posts

Posted September 30, 2011 - 06:52 PM

There's been lots of coyotes in IN for quite a while. Supposedly because the deer population is high. Earlier this summer there was a couple of mountain lion sightings in southern IN that were confirmed by game camera photos. Good luck on your eradication efforts.
Larry

#28 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted October 01, 2011 - 08:54 PM

Daniel, any luck killing them killers? The good old Pa game commission actually stocked them here along with bobcats, of course they will not officially admit it. We work on the two way radios they use and some of the rabbit cop had mention they had released them to control over population of the deer herd. The neighbor lost two alpaca. They also say we have no elk here in Jefferson county, well the only thing I can say about is the white tail must be crossbreeding with limousine cattle around here. hope you get it undercontrol. Shawn

:shoot3:

#29 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 08:48 PM

You might want to try a donkey in with your herd to keep the coyotes away. Some say it works, some say it doesn't. You can't shoot all of the coyotes though. Coyotes are basically the rats of the canine world.

Wolves keep them away, but that's not much of a solution if you have livestock.

There's those big white dogs who imprint on sheep and cattle and think they are part of the herd.

Weird coyote story: We were sleeping in the camper in my Dad's yard when we were out for his funeral a few years ago. Coyotes came right up to it and made this weird mewling/whining sound. It was creepy. I've been around coyotes all my life and never heard it before. The dogs went crazy trying to get outside. Asked my nephew about it and he said they were in farm yards every night, calling the dogs out.

#30 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 10:10 PM

It's easy to see why there are so many predeators, NO ONE WANTS TO USE FUR, the bunny huggers have the fur market ruined in this country ,so most of our fur goes over seas, and with economy it's not worth trapping
I haven't trapped since the market crashed in 08, gas is too high and fur prices are too low, Here in central pa. i caught 500 fox and a couple a dozen coyotes every year, it's easy to see with that many more animals out there to breed whats going to happen
  • tractorgarden said thank you