#16 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 04:00 PM

Wow! that was ONE HUGE picture there.  Had to move around to see it all. Yep, that is 3pt arms, but first I have seen that bolt on sides and not just go up to the main pivot on frame. Maybe I can do that with what I have?  I see someone added couple springs for lift assist. Wonder if that was a Speedex set-up?  You run accross more diff stuff with this brand, makes you wonder if any tractor was ever alike as it came from them?  That is nice tool bar, hadn't seen one of those for 3pt either, but seems stought. Only problem with non-moving arms is it has to fit all your equipment widths, which may not be same if not Speedex brands. That's another thing to think about when putting such thing on tractor. I LIKE it!  Making me want to get mine out and start, but not this winter, too much other items to do and don't like working in cold shop anyway.

#17 bhbuster ONLINE  

bhbuster

• Member No: 6483
  • 3 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 05, 2014 - 08:50 PM

I will try to fix the picture.   I had another Speedex that I stripped down for the extra parts.  I installed the other spring to see if I liked it better.  Seems to work better with the heavier weight on the back.  As far as I know, everything is Speedex original as both tractors had the exact same setup.  On the bar, my step-father welded tabs to help hold my cement weight in place.

-Brian

#18 bhbuster ONLINE  

bhbuster

• 3 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted October 17, 2015 - 09:14 PM

Not to bad for a Saturday morning shade-tree paint job on a 40 year old tractor. The hood and side belt cover painted using farm and implement spray paint - $12 total. Rear wheel painted for $1.  Also figured it 

was not complete without bolting a $5 toolbox to the fender...

Attached Thumbnails

• 10552428_965530926818992_2176147519891055091_n.jpg

• Alc said thank you

#19 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted October 18, 2015 - 12:53 PM

Looking better. That front rack has the bar accross top that holds on the Suit-case style weights that hang over the edge then, if you should find or have any.  Toolbox?.......Nahhh! Those fenders are just bent sheet steel, no real support out there. I was always gonna put a headlight in front of mine like some had, but never did. That would beef them up some with metal there. Tools get heavy you know. I've seen them bend a bit with just resting on them to get off the tractor. Later ones have beefier fenders that also go down to the floor boards and give more support then. Decals can be gotten if you wanted. Mike Hamper in Ohio does those. Can buy one or set, whatever you wish. Go to www.speedextractorinformation.org for the address for that.

#20 bhbuster ONLINE  

bhbuster

• 3 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted October 18, 2015 - 07:04 PM

Decided to tackle the front grill guard and the rear draw bar (or whatever the correct tractor term is).  I just used a wire brush grinder and cheap paint.  It stays indoors so not to worried about it.  I keep telling myself one day I will break it down, sandblast it and do a frame-off type restoration.  Since the wife has decided we are now going to build a house it may remain just wishful thinking.  

Next time I get out and grade the road will determine if the toolbox is helpful or just a nuisance.  It is just there to hold a bunch of straps I use when I have my large cement block on the back.  In the end I will probably toss it when I repaint the fenders.

Not sure if I will put decals on my spray-can job.  I will have to see if the paint holds up and then decide. At the end of the day, for me,  I have to remember it is a work tractor and not a "show" tractor.   However, it is fun to tinker with...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1374.JPG
  • IMG_1373.JPG
  • IMG_1376.JPG

• KennyP said thank you