#1 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,332 posts

Posted September 23, 2011 - 08:21 PM

Long story short I bought this for the Engine.It has a perfect running Briggs 16hp V-Twin Vanguard with 877 engine hours on it.I got it for $225 delivered.

The PO dropped it off last night and I rode it around a bit this morning.Seems like a nice solid tractor.Tranny is smooth and the cruse control is a nice feature.Engine is Nice and smooth running and seems to have a alot of power.
It needs the front deck hanger welded back on to and a PTO belt be usable.

The steering has No play in it at all and all the tires look like new yet.

I think I may have to find another tractor for the project I need an engine for.This will make an excellent lawn mower for mowing.

I would like to get the Side panels and headlight assembly for it.And possibly another grill,the grill on it is BEAT.

I haven't given it a bath yet or worked on it in any way.She's pretty ugly but she'll be all better soon.:)

The transaxle in this thing is HUGE.I may look for a plow or Blower for on it.

Attached Thumbnails

• DCFN0007.jpg
  • DCFN0005.jpg
  • DCFN0001.jpg
  • DCFN0002.jpg

Edited by EricFromPa, September 23, 2011 - 08:27 PM.

#2 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 280 Thanks
  • 402 posts

Posted September 23, 2011 - 11:04 PM

Eric I have what you are looking for on the side panels and grill. Just finished gutting a 2185 for the command 18 that was in it. Shoot me a PM with your ph# and we can talk about this.

#3 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 280 Thanks
  • 402 posts

Posted September 23, 2011 - 11:09 PM

Here is a pic of the panels Eric.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_4720.jpg
  • 100_4721.jpg

#4 Jehtro OFFLINE  

Jehtro

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3300
  • 109 Thanks
  • 276 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 07:35 AM

My brother in-law had a 2165 at the farm for years, cut 4 acres every week, with the lane and the front and side yards. They were tough, espicially if you seen how we would drive it. We check the level in our beer bottle before we checked anything on the tractor. Just kept going. Also had tonnes of power for the snowblower - 2 stage.

#5 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 07:59 AM

i wouldnt put a snowblower on it. we had a 2135 and we bought the snowblower brand new. all i have to say is that is rusted out so fast once exposed to salt you could hear it rusting at night, lol. these things arent built like they used to be. the old narrow and wide frames can take the abuse because they are a solid gauge steel, now they are little more than tin

#6 bolens770 OFFLINE  

bolens770
  • Member No: 37957
  • 0 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Nice my dad has one, his is fine and an earlyer year, probaly the same as yours  the seat is all cracked tho and i hate the *auto cruize* when you push the gas the cruise goes down and it wont stop till you pull it back, i ran into a telephone pole that way lol im guessing you dont have you r lights for the same reason as his, my dads fell off when he weas mowing and didnt know until we saw they were gone LOL! were workign on the steering, the busing is so worn it will NOT turn right but will turn left perfect