20 replies to this topic

#16 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 08:16 AM

Hard to believe it has been 18 months since the repower.  Thought I'd post a bit of video and some pictures of me cutting the grass.  Our grass has done VERY well this year with plentiful rain and cooler temperatures.  The past 4 or 5 years have not been kind to my lawn due to dry and hot summers, more the dry than the hot.  One year was so bad I joked that even the weeds gave up!  Anyway, here is the good stuff!

GE 003.JPG GE 004.JPG

GE 006.JPG GE 007.JPG

• MH81 said thank you

#17 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 08:24 AM

A little footnote here.  This tractor is small and at 6 ft 2in and 240 lbs, I'm not.  I intended for my kids to drive it for the most part.  However, earlier this year I had both boys cutting grass and noticed something was wrong with the way the hood was sitting on the tractor.  When I looked at it, I found the plastic dash was broken.  Neither boy admits to having caused the damage, yet the hood was very clearly sitting cock-eyed when I looked at it.  Not only am I a bit upset that they've damaged something that is not easily replaced, it also speaks to the fact they aren't paying much attention.  Add that to the whining when I ask them to cut the grass with the tractor, and I decided that they don't get the privilege of cutting the grass.  I've also told them to be careful, as I will remember these things when they start wanting to drive the car in a few years!  For now, they can do the trimming with the weed-eater (and if they bust that, I've got hand shears for 'em).

• MH81 said thank you

#18 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 04:20 PM

That repower looks like a good way to go.Just curious I have one that repower will be in the future,How much did that engine cost when you bought it?

• HowardsMF155 said thank you

#19 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 04:31 PM

Wow, really knocks the grass back, doesn't it?

Just a word of caution, those chutes will positively LAUNCH an unseen projectile and I found myself squinting while watching that video. Might mention it to the boys to treat it like a weapon and watch where it's pointed.
  • HowardsMF155 said thank you

#20 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 04:38 PM

That repower looks like a good way to go.Just curious I have one that repower will be in the future,How much did that engine cost when you bought it?

It was in the neighborhood of $450.00 when I bought it.

• ckjakline said thank you

#21 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 04:42 PM

Ordinarily I wouldn't have anyone on the discharge side of the chute, but I had particularly asked for that sort of shot just to show how much grass was being thrown.  This area was mowed about 3 days prior and I had walked it carefully as well.   I hadn't realized, however, just what the relationship was between the mower angle and him until after I saw these shots.

• MH81 said thank you