FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted September 21, 2011 - 07:47 PM

Hey guys, I picked up an early 620 snow-thrower from one of our members here today, and I need some photos and measurements. The main thing that is missing is the main bracket that bolts to the tractor frame. It appears to only work as the mounting point for four attachment points, with the pivot part still on the blower. He may still have the PTO pedal bracket on his tractor, but that is MIA at this time. What I really need are some detailed photos and some measurements of the main bracket and how it's mounted. Any photos you have, or can take would be great!

This is the early 620 that ran the belt off the side at the motor, and not under-slung at the the PTO pulley.

Here are some photos of the blower ready to go under the knife to get ready for winter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 22, 2011 - 04:50 AM

Some pictures, last one shows the 2 different brackets used.
left early, front mount.
right late model, underneath mount.

Attached Thumbnails

• mf10 014.jpg
  • mf10 012.jpg
  • SNOWBLOWER 007.jpg
  • masseys 064..jpg

#3 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted September 22, 2011 - 07:06 AM

Hi Lee - It was nice to finally meet you and talk to you in person. Are you looking for the red plate attached to the pedal in Doug's 1st picture above? I'm pretty sure I do have that. At least, looking back at the photos when I took them home, it was there. Send me an e-mail with your mailing address and I'll send it out to you.

Rich

#4 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted September 22, 2011 - 08:29 AM

Rich, I just replied to your PM, but yes... it is that bracket on the pedal... I have that rod that attaches to it, so it should just be that bracket. (Unless you have that main bracket kicking around.) :-)

It was great meeting you too... I am very jealous of your homestead up there, I would love to have that much room to play!

Doug, were those brackets both to the early top belt style blower? Do you still have those on hand to take measurements? Looking at the style and the catalog photos, it appears that the bracket may bolt to the axle pivot bolt, and then there is a bracket that sets on top of the frame and has bolts that clamp the front down against the frame? Is there any chance to get close up shots of how it looks under the tractor? Anything more will really help a lot!

#5 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 22, 2011 - 05:16 PM

Rich, I just replied to your PM, but yes... it is that bracket on the pedal... I have that rod that attaches to it, so it should just be that bracket. (Unless you have that main bracket kicking around.) :-)

It was great meeting you too... I am very jealous of your homestead up there, I would love to have that much room to play!

Doug, were those brackets both to the early top belt style blower? Do you still have those on hand to take measurements? Looking at the style and the catalog photos, it appears that the bracket may bolt to the axle pivot bolt, and then there is a bracket that sets on top of the frame and has bolts that clamp the front down against the frame? Is there any chance to get close up shots of how it looks under the tractor? Anything more will really help a lot!

Those 2 brackets are for the 2 different blowers that they used, the one in the picture by itself is the one you want and it has a heavy strap with 2 bolts, nuts that attach to it just like you say. It also mounts to the front axle bolt. I'll get more info and pic later for ya.

#6 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted September 22, 2011 - 05:25 PM

Awesome Doug! I did find a few more photo's in an album on Yahoogroups, but the more the merrier! Measurements are the big thing now... Looking at the design, I may modify it a little, I am not a big fan of the way they used the strap over the top of the frame to secure the bracket. It seems to me, that they could of designed it to attach with the holes in the bumper. I will have a better idea with some more photos and seeing how it goes as I build it. Some good photos of the bracket off the tractor with a steel ruler would be of great help!

The really cool thing is that I have a stripped frame that I can use to mock the mount bracket and work on it with the frame upside down. That makes it easy to work with for sure!

Oh, and one more thing... My hollow lift rod seems bent, should that be perfectly straight? And another, I have the part that slips inside it, and attaches to the lift bracket on the tractor, but is there something that should lock them down? Something like a lock collar, or does it work as a slip fit with friction or something? Photos of that connected would be really sweet too!

While I am at it, today I pulled the auger out of the housing, but I had to kind of pry it over the ribs and the lip on the sides. Is there someway to collapse the shaft so that it goes in smooth? The way it came out will ruin the paint on the way back in.

Edited by FirefyterEmt, September 22, 2011 - 05:31 PM.

#7 WAFergusonguy OFFLINE  

WAFergusonguy

• Member No: 49
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted September 22, 2011 - 05:49 PM

Hello Lee,

That hollow rod does not have anything else on mine. The solid rod slides in and when you have it hooked up it is just right to lift the blower. The hollow part hooks to the tractor , but you have to hook it directly to the ear on the deck lift rod shaft. You have to unhook the connector link between the main shaft and the other one that you use when the mower deck is on.

#8 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted September 22, 2011 - 06:59 PM

On mine, it appears to be two pieces. I have a solid rod that appears to hook to the deck lift arm and this solid rod fit's inside the hollow tube (which has a cut, open end on it) I saw one that seemed to have a eye hole on that end of the tube, but the other end was in the snow and it could of been disconnected. Although it did not appear to be the case.

On a side note, after carefully measuring and photographing the top "Massey" decal, I used the heat gun to remove it. Upon doing so, I found an inverted "L" in pencil that was under the decal and used by the factory to mark the starting corner of the decal. Kinda of cool! I will have that decal re-produced, and the tri-logo's on the side can be found on e-bay. I did get very lucky with my 100% intact serial number foil tag. I was able to remove it without damage and stick it to some 2-sided film tape that I have. It's clamped between some MDF scrap in order to flatten it and really set the glue bond. It should go back on and look like new.

As for the tear-down. I now have the main body pretty much stripped down. I just have the chute winch to remove. The nut was a little hard to unbolt, so it is soaking a little more. I am very happy to see that even with a rather poor design concept at the top where there is a closed box that just screams "rot me out", the body is in great shape with just surface rust. There is a little "bow" on the top where it looks like it may of hit something, but I can flatten the top steel easily. The auger needs some hammer work to straighten a the paddles here and there, but I am not going to go crazy with it, I do plan to use it.

Posted Image

The next step is to clean the grease and oil off with the pressure-washer and find something big enough to set up an electrolysis tank to strip the paint & rust off. I am thinking that my garden trailer with a plastic liner may be large enough. If not, I will have to pick up a sheet of CDX to make a box out of.

Edited by FirefyterEmt, September 22, 2011 - 07:11 PM.

#9 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 22, 2011 - 09:44 PM

Back view front axle bolt hole
mf620 bracket 001.jpg

Top view
mf620 bracket 003.jpg

Front view
mf620 bracket 007.jpg

Side view
mf620 bracket 010.jpg

This is the bracket that mounts in between the blower and the main tractor attached bracket
mf620 bracket 012.jpg

You can see the top pins for the upper arms are bent, they bend easy this is kind of a flimsy setup.
The upper strap that goes above the frame is just a piece of heavy flat bar, this one is homemade in pic.
Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails

• mf620 bracket 002.jpg
  • mf620 bracket 004.jpg
  • mf620 bracket 005.jpg
  • mf620 bracket 006.jpg
  • mf620 bracket 008.jpg
  • mf620 bracket 009.jpg
  • mf620 bracket 011.jpg

#10 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted September 23, 2011 - 01:14 AM

Awesome photos! They will be of great help when recreating, and improving the bracket. I can see that the upper arm mounts obviously need to be beefed up!

#11 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted September 23, 2011 - 07:56 PM

Sweet deal! It looks like both of mine, only my second one is in similar shape to yours, and the other is jurry rigged to "work".

#12 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted September 24, 2011 - 05:18 PM

Well, I have the main body "cooking" in a make-shift electrolysis tank now. I pressed my garden trailer (with a blue tarp & black plastic) into use. The body is not really heavy, but awkward, so I lowered it into the trailer onto some wood blocks with my chain hoist.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 24, 2011 - 06:16 PM

Sounds and looks like you really want a snow blower for this winter.

#14 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted September 24, 2011 - 07:59 PM

Do you remember how hard we were hit last year? OH YEA!.... I want this mounted and running before the snow hits.

Once the hydro is finished, I plan to have one tractor with the plow, and the other with the blower.

#15 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 24, 2011 - 08:16 PM

The ARCO parts books has a good picture of it. serial# 1586 to 5100
>http://www.agcoparts...ook=agco/651219

And the earlier version up to serial# 1586
Click on "mf620 snow thrower attaching parts", both of them.