• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,295 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 13, 2012 - 05:15 AM

Josh/George,

Are you still wanting me to plan some tractor games for the event? If so, do you have certain days in which you want them to be? Keep us posted on the progress, and let us know if any of us local guys can help in any way.

It would be great if you want to still plan some tractor games. It would also be great for anyone local wanting to help out with the games or getting people parked as they come in. I do know after doing a couple of the games out there in Indiana that the basketball game and the chain game was a lot of fun.
  • josh deaven and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#32 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 478 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted June 13, 2012 - 08:24 AM

I woud be great to get some guys to help park.I will get together with George and figure out the when we want to do games,and we will let everyone know.Thanks Josh
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#33 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,707 Thanks
  • 2,596 posts

Posted June 13, 2012 - 01:29 PM

I was figuring the games to be on Saturday, as that seemed to be the busiest day last year, as far as public appearance, and mostly all of the tractor owners being present. Friday seemed to be more of a drop off and leave day due to some of the guys not getting off work. Sunday morning could work too, say before noon, as most guys were more interested in loading and heading home after lunch. It doesn't matter either way to me, so whatever you two decide is fine by me. Just try and pick some times when most tractors owners are there to get involved, and times when the general public attendance is high, so we can show off for them a little bit and put on a good show.

Try and give me some idea as to where you want to do the games too, so that I can get a feel for how much space I have to play with. Limited space will eliminate some of the games that I have in mind, so try and pick some where that is open, but yet close enough to the event area, as some guys won't participate if they have to drive a distance. We want to try and keep it close to the general public as well, and we don't want to interfere with the pulling track events. Just some things to think about while you're trying to make your decisions.

#34 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,707 Thanks
  • 2,596 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 10:41 AM

Guys,

I'm sorry to say that I won't be at the show this year. If all goes well, I will hopefully be settling on another house, that will need some work at soon as we move in. I can't promise right now that the show will be my top priority. If something would change, I will let you know, but for right now, please don't count on me having games for everyone at the show. I'm sorry.

Troy

#35 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 478 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 02:38 PM

Thanks Troy,Hope the new house has bigger shop. I will get some other guys to help with the gt games.Thanks Josh
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#36 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,115 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 06:26 PM

it is 841 miles for me.just have to find an excuse to travel that far.

#37 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 478 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 07:06 PM

Well Guys there is always good news to pass along.Ertel Publishing will be at the show with there magazines Antique Power and Vintage Truck and Lagt.I cannot say how happy we are that they want and come out to support are club and show.Hope you all can attend the show.We will have a great time.Thanks Josh :thumbs:

#38 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 478 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted July 14, 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hey Guys if any of you could help with the gt rodeo.That would be great George and I could use the help.Let us know if you can help.Thanks Josh :orangecool:

#39 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,295 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 03:17 PM

Exactly one month away. Hope to see a lot of our members there at the show. Please don't forget to stop by the tent to sign the back of the banner if you make it to the show.

Would also like to hear from anyone who would like to help out with the tractor games.
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#40 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,578 Thanks
  • 15,425 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 03:29 PM

George, I am still planning on being there and if you need me to help, count me in.
  • NUTNDUN said thank you

#41 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 408 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 07:10 PM

I am going to try and make this happen. For some reason, I just saw this thread in today's bump. I'd probably make it for just one day. Early to late kind of thing. I like to travel in the morning before it gets hot and busy.
  • NUTNDUN said thank you

#42 Littledeere ONLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,637 Thanks
  • 1,469 posts

Posted July 17, 2012 - 08:59 PM

George I'm looking forward to it hope to get there on Friday around noon,I may be able to help some but I'm a auction junky so I may
wonder off
  • NUTNDUN said thank you

#43 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 478 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted July 18, 2012 - 08:53 AM

Hey Guys justed wanted to let you know the we will be having helicopter rides at the show.For 40 bucks you will be able to see the whole show from the air.How cool is that? :thumbs: :orangecool:

#44 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,295 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 18, 2012 - 10:32 AM

I also want to add that this years grand prize raffle tractor is a John Deere 110 square fender or you could choose $500 instead. Raffle tickets are $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00.

The raffle tickets are sold locally but I thought it might be worth a try and see if anyone would be interested in getting some. GTtalk nor I have any affiliation with them other then me trying to help sell some for the club. I believe tickets will also be on sale at the show up till they have the drawing at 2pm on Saturday.

With that being said if you are interested in any raffle tickets shoot me a pm and I will give you my address to send a self addressed stamped envelope along with payment for however many tickets you would like and I will return your stubs. Should be able to go up to the week before the show.
  • josh deaven said thank you

#45 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,295 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 18, 2012 - 10:33 AM

Here is a picture of the raffle tractor:

Attached Thumbnails

• JD_110.jpg

• josh deaven said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pennsylvania, olde, tyme, days, garden, tractor, show