• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 26, 2010 - 07:31 PM

I got the new drawbar, I'm thinking of welding a bracket on it to hook to my top link, then welding a 2 inch receiver htch under it.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1261..jpg
  • DSCF1260..jpg

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,572 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted April 26, 2010 - 08:22 PM

I'm gonna do the same on my MF 1010 SCUT. The way my lift works the deck, I MUST use a 3pt drawbar to keep the arms locked in place, so I use the drawbar to do it. The left lift arm has a contrapted deck lift system....a bracket bolts to the underside of arm, then a chain hooks into slot in it. The chain goes up through a pulley, then down to deck. Kind of a crappy afterthought system, and without the arm stabilized, it draws the arm out into the tire flexing it even with the limiting chain. Well...that got into a winded explanation! The reason I plan to add the 3rd arm to the drawbar is because the 1010 is handy for moving trailers & such for mowing, but without the 3rd arm, I have to get off & lock the trailer hitch. With the 3rd arm to lock it from turning, I can lower it, lift & move trailer without getting off. MUCH easier!

#3 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 26, 2010 - 10:05 PM

My buddies 1986 Massey 1010H uses cable wires from BOTH lift arms on 2 pulleys to the deck, seems to work good