Boss 448

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1724
  • 48 Thanks
  • 248 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 09:18 AM

I should be a Nuclear Tech. on subs

I'm guessing that they simply wanted to take advantage of your glowing personality. Can't blame 'em for that! :D

If you could have gotten on an older boat (assuming there were any still around) imagine the big diesel engines you could have played with there. I'd like to see someone stick one of those bad boys in a GT!

JN

#32 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 10:25 AM

I'm guessing that they simply wanted to take advantage of your glowing personality.

They didn't know me very well or they wouldn't have wanted to be cooped up in a sub with my glowing personality:smile1:

Actually I did get into one of the old diesel subs for a visit and that is what cured me. 6'3'' and subs are a real pain in the neck. Spent the whole time stooped over so I wouldn't be banging my head.:wallbanging: The new subs might be better.

#33 Boss 448 OFFLINE  

Boss 448

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 48 Thanks
  • 248 posts

Posted October 10, 2011 - 02:56 PM

Chris,

I took your advice. Yesterday I went to harbor Freight and bought one of these little puppies for hoisting my GT engines. With a 20% off coupon it set me back about $34.00 - that's less than one emergency visit to the chiropractor!

image_16155.jpg

It is rated to lift up to 500 lbs and I think it is exactly what I need for lifting and setting engines in GT's.

Geez.... There goes one more excuse for my not having a diesel re-powered GT of my own. Let's see, have a diesel engine - check, tractor - check, engine hoist - check, hmmm..........................

JN

Edited by Boss 448, October 10, 2011 - 03:01 PM.

#34 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted October 10, 2011 - 04:42 PM

I don't think your going to regret it one bit. I now have a 20lb lift limit on my back because too many times I thought I didn't need something like that. I can't even lift the Grand kids and that really hits home hard.
Watching your conversion with much anticipation. Thanks for posting.

#35 Boss 448 OFFLINE  

Boss 448

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 48 Thanks
  • 248 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 08:53 AM

Watching your conversion with much anticipation.

It's still in the planning stages until all my fall lawn and garden work is complete and enough firewood is stacked and ready for the cold weather. I am continuing to collect necessary parts and thoughts however.

JN