• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 07:52 PM

OK guys, I reported the other day I was trying FF6.0.2 on the home computer. Well it's running and opening great for me, but the rest of the family can't get FF to open on there user account's. I have been through all the setting I can find, even uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. Anyone have an idea on this???

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 08:06 PM

What OS are you using? If it's Win7, I remember seeing a conflict issue. If its XP, did you install as admin or an acct with admin properties? It should have asked you if it was for all users or just you. Do you have that problem with Chrome?

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 08:09 PM

This one is installed on XP and it didn't ask for premission for anyone. I am the Admin., but so is the wife. I haven't tried Chrome on this machine, I have it installed on my computer at work.

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 08:27 PM

I thought FF automatically asked for that when installing. You could install it on each account, but that seems arduous at best.

#5 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 08:31 PM

I guess I will give that a try, but it seems there should be a better way.:wallbanging:

#6 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 08:47 PM

What OS are you using? If it's Win7, I remember seeing a conflict issue. If its XP, did you install as admin or an acct with admin properties? It should have asked you if it was for all users or just you. Do you have that problem with Chrome?

I can sit and read this several times and it is still like trying to read a foreign language. Thank goodness some of you folks have some great computer skills. As most people already know, when I have problems my first person to ask for help is my son. (NUTNDUN) I will keep trying to learn, but I don't want to offer any improvements on my part.

Brian I sure hope that you are able to resolve your computer issues without too much trouble.

#7 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 08:51 PM

GRAND, Man, you hit the nail on the head. I'm in the same boat.:confuse: I am learning everyday, just some days are better then others....:wallbanging:

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 09:17 PM

I guess I will give that a try, but it seems there should be a better way.:wallbanging:

I agree, but IDK what it is.
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#9 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 09:19 PM

I can sit and read this several times and it is still like trying to read a foreign language.

Some people (your son, for example) are blessed with an intuitive feel for what make these boxes tick... The rest of us go blindly into the night and when we trip on something messy, we try not to step there again.

#10 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 09:36 PM

I am blessed with a son that always has to know how it works.( Some people (your son, for example) are blessed with an intuitive feel for what make these boxes tick... The rest of us go blindly into the night and when we trip on something messy, we try not to step there again.) With me it is still wait till I can ask George to correct my computer problem.

#11 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 12:09 PM

OK guys, I reported the other day I was trying FF6.0.2 on the home computer. Well it's running and opening great for me, but the rest of the family can't get FF to open on there user account's. I have been through all the setting I can find, even uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. Anyone have an idea on this???

Your problem sound like a security issue. Do you know how to use Windows Explorer (file manager)? If so navigate to "program files" expand it out and find the Mozella Firefox folder, open it and find the application Firefox. Right click on the Firefox application you should see a menu appear. Choose properties and then the permissions or security tab. Add the users you want to access Firefox.

Sorry but I don't have an XP machine available at the moment so I'm trying to recall how XP is set up so the tabs labels may be off. All my machines are either Linux or Win 7 but this should put you on the right track.

HTH

#12 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 01:17 PM

Bill, That's what I did last night with no luck. I really like the way FF works, but if I can't get it to run for all users, I'm going to go to Chrome, I guess.

#13 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 01:34 PM

Brian, uninstall firefox and then go to firefox's site and download it again and install from your main admin account on that computer. All of your favorites and stuff will still be saved as long as you choose to keep them when uninstalling if it asks. If it doesn't ask then it will keep those settings.

#14 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 01:59 PM

Thanks George, I'll try that again tonight. Did it once, but maybe did something wrong.

#15 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 02:09 PM

Are you getting an error message when another user tries to run FF? if so can you post a screen shot? Do the other users have an Icon on their desktop? I don't think reinstalling FF will resolve your problem.