• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 DAVE A OFFLINE  

DAVE A

• Member No: 332
  • 7 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted December 19, 2011 - 04:10 PM

I wanted to do 2 things here today. First of all, I wanted to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year . Thank you all for helping to make the past year a good one for me. Without you I couldn't have done it. Next a commercial, The Das Awscht Fescht car show in Macungie, Pa. this year will feature the Crosley as its feature car. Along with 50 Crosleys, there will be at least 3 Farm O Roads on display. If you are in the area the first weekend in August, stop by and say Hi.

#62 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 19, 2011 - 04:24 PM

We're glad to have been a part of a good year for you Dave! As for the commercial, There is a section here for posting upcoming events. We'd be happy to have your event listed and you will likely get at least a few of the tractor nuts here to show up! Thanks for the Christmas wishes and we hope to continue to be a part of your 2012!

#63 JDW1291 OFFLINE  

JDW1291
  • Member No: 8712
  • 2 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 02:58 AM

Hello brand new to GT Talk .Saw Daves Farm O Road and it took me back to my childhood i learned to drive in one.my grandfather passed in on to my dad and my dad passed it on to me about 10 yrs ago.just never had the time to restore it.My dad passed away 3 months ago so now is the time to restore it. so any help on the best places to get parts would be greatly appreciated.....i will start posting pict. of how its coming along..............thx Jim
  • chris m and LilysDad have said thanks

#64 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 03:50 AM

Just when you think you've seen everything......!!!

IK Right! LOL! It looks like a mini Range Rover

#65 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,475 Thanks
  • 39,715 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 05:14 AM

Welcome JDW1291! We have a thread for introductions, if you will post in it, we'll give you a good welcome. Good luck with the Farm O Road and thanks for sharing the story on yours.

#66 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 05:19 AM

JDW1291,welcome to the forum.Glad to have you with us.

#67 DAVE A OFFLINE  

DAVE A

• 7 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted February 21, 2012 - 08:01 AM

JDW1291;
You have stumbled onto a great bunch of people her who will help you in any way. If I can help you in your restoration, feel free to contact me. I don't know where you are, however, I am president of the Crosley Automobile club (www.crosleyautoclub.com) and we have members in all 50 states who would also be able to help you. Currently, I have the frame of another Farm O Road in my shed that I am helping a fellow club member restore. He has a number of impliments for the vehicle that he is restoring also.
Dave
  • KennyP said thank you

#68 DAVE A OFFLINE  

DAVE A

• 7 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 12:04 PM

Finished up my friend Pete's Farm O Road frame last night and detailed and painted everything. The bed is finished and painted and the paint shop will be finishing the body this week. If all goes well, the AACA show in Reading in May will have 2 of them on display. My schedule for this year is shaping up. I will be taking the Farm O Road to Charlotte in April to try for a national Senior award in the AACA show there. In May I'll be showing at the Reading Pa. AACA show. July is a big one as I will be going to Crosley Nationals in Ohio, followed in 2 weeks by the Concours of America (formerly Meadowbrook), in Plymouth Michigan. It is quite an honor just to be invited to this show and I am looking forward to it. As always, if any of you are in the area, please stop by and mention that you are on this forum. I owe you all a lot for your support and help!!

#69 DAVE A OFFLINE  

DAVE A

• 7 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 04:11 PM

Just a quick update on the Farm O Road. Won my Senior AACA award at Charlotte in the Spring and was awarded the first place in the Farm O Road Class at Crosley Nationals. I had fun at a lot of shows this year and ended up a great show season with an award at the Hilton Head Concours d Elegance in South Carolina. Had a great time. I was invited to take it to the Pennsylvania Farm Show on January 9th 2013 to be part of the Antique tractor Show there. If anyone is there, please stop by and say HI!!!
  • Alc, KennyP and tractorgarden have said thanks

#70 tractorgarden ONLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 06:15 PM

Thanks for the update. I am planning on making the trip to the farm show this year. Shawn

#71 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,475 Thanks
  • 39,715 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 06:24 PM

Thanks for the update! Doubt I'll get to that show, but post some more pics of the Crosley. That is a cool machine and we have a bunch of new folks who may not know about it.

#72 DAVE A OFFLINE  

DAVE A

• 7 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 02:05 PM

Charlotte 2012 2.png 2012 charlotte.png Here's a couple of pictures from this year showing the duals and full canopy top in place. You can see the draw bar on the rear view but the hydraulics aren't obvious. Please stop and introduce yourself if you come to Farm Show!!
  • KennyP said thank you

#73 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,475 Thanks
  • 39,715 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 06:00 PM

That is just so neat! I really like it. Canopy looks great on there!

#74 kwj427 OFFLINE  

kwj427

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 389
  • 56 Thanks
  • 136 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:52 AM

that is very nice! i would love to find one of those for my collection someday? what would one expect to pay for a decent one?
thanks kenny