• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#46 DAVE A OFFLINE  

DAVE A

• Member No: 332
  • 7 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted July 19, 2011 - 03:55 PM

That would be Paul Gorrell. He has the largest collection of Crosleys in the world. He claims to have one of every year model and color ever made and most of the military and prototypes. He is on our (Crosley Club) board of directors. One of the greatest craftsmen you will ever meet. He made a running hit and miss motor a few years ago entirely out of wood!!! There was no metal on it. Used flint for a spark!!!

#47 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted July 19, 2011 - 04:08 PM

Yup thats the guy. I live about 30 mls north of him. Been to the place, its like a muscem of crosley stuff. I love the little crosley tractor.

#48 scrapiron OFFLINE  

scrapiron

Tractorholic

• Member No: 5985
  • 1 Thanks
  • 104 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 09:54 PM

Thanks for those pics.

#49 DAVE A OFFLINE  

DAVE A

• 7 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 03:43 PM

In case anyone is interested (sorry, not exactly a garden tractor show, but everyone here has been so kind and helkpful, I feel I need to keep you all informed) I have been invited to show the Farm o Road at the Monmouth County Concours d Elegance in Holmdel, NJ on October 1st. If you feel so inclined to stop by, please say hello and tell me you saw about the show here!!!

#50 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,526 Thanks
  • 39,746 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 06:52 PM

Congrats on the invite. I won't be there, but I'll be looking for pics from there.

#51 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 08:58 PM

Dave,
Did you have the Crosley at the Dublin NH show last weekend? I could have sworn I saw one in the green paint and thought of you, but I never made it out into the big show field on Sat. to follow up on it.... wished I had as I can't believe there are very many restored ones around.
Peter

#52 johnboggs21 OFFLINE  

johnboggs21

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4084
  • 18 Thanks
  • 184 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 11:00 PM

That would be Paul Gorrell. He has the largest collection of Crosleys in the world. He claims to have one of every year model and color ever made and most of the military and prototypes. He is on our (Crosley Club) board of directors. One of the greatest craftsmen you will ever meet. He made a running hit and miss motor a few years ago entirely out of wood!!! There was no metal on it. Used flint for a spark!!!

I seen that engine in the farm show magazine, thats cool as hell!

#53 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 06:43 AM

Congrats on the invite. I won't be there, but I'll be looking for pics from there.

:ditto:

But too far for me .

#54 DAVE A OFFLINE  

DAVE A

• 7 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted September 22, 2011 - 12:04 PM

Dave,
Did you have the Crosley at the Dublin NH show last weekend? I could have sworn I saw one in the green paint and thought of you, but I never made it out into the big show field on Sat. to follow up on it.... wished I had as I can't believe there are very many restored ones around.
Peter

No I did not go North for that show. There are a few Farm O Roads in New England and the ONLY color that they came stock was the green. I am told that you could order any Crosley color from the factory, however, I haven't seen any evidence that it happened. Usually when you get down under the layers, you find the green in the base layer!!! Mine was Red when I found it. If you ever see one anywhere, just go up to the guy and ask. I am president of the National Crosley Club and I am fortunate enough to get to meet most of the owners at one time or another. Usually they are all eager to talk about their vehicles!!

#55 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted September 22, 2011 - 07:17 PM

Dave,
Thanks for the response and info, I did not realize they were all green!! I wish I had gotten away from my stuff to investigate and take a picture or 2.

#56 DAVE A OFFLINE  

DAVE A

• 7 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 07:52 PM

Again just a report on the Farm O Road at the Monmouth County Concours. I must say that I felt badly outclassed by many if not most of the cars there. Some of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen including a Deusenberg that was absolutely spectacular. I also was invited to take my Crosley Hotshot to the show so I had 2 cars in the contest. Talk about tough classes of competition, the Farm O Road had to compete against all other cars in the show made from 1941 to 1950 (the Hotshot was in with all cars 1951 to 1960), and that included examples of many of the top brands that you can think of (like cadillacs, Packards, and Lincolns). To my great surprise, the Farm O Road finished 3rd in its class and was beaten only by what is probably the best MGTC in the world and another car I don't remember. (by the way the Hotshot WON it class) It was a rainy day and most of the cars in the field either got stuck or slid around badly in the muddy field. The Farm O Road with those dual rear tractor tires just walked along with no problems. It was, I am glad to say and at least 2 dozen kids got their pictures taken sitting in it. You should have seen the looks of dismay among the "don't touch my car" crowd. Anyway, that is my last show for the year, I want to again thank everyone here for their support and help. Without it, I wold not have been able to find the impliments that I did find that make showing the vehicle so successful. Remember if in your travels you come accross any Crosleys or parts (especially impliments for the Farm O road) please contact me and if you are ever ar a show that I am at, please stop by say hello and introduce youself. Again thank you.

#57 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 08:24 PM

Dave sometimes it's not just the car that has class it's the guy in the car that shines also
sounds like yours has both keep going to the shows people and cars like you and yours
make the shows for me hope to catch you at one some day

That 's a neat little car ,truck , tractor ,whatever

Kenny

#58 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 08:31 PM

Dave,
Congrats on the wins for both Crosleys, and for truly sharing them with folks, especially the kids.
Peter

#59 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 281 Thanks
  • 270 posts

Posted October 04, 2011 - 02:09 PM

Dave, enjoying your posts. I have seen FORs at Tipton IN and Portland IN shows. Neat little cars. Where are you located? I always like to know what part of the country(s) our members are from.
Larry

#60 DAVE A OFFLINE  

DAVE A

• 7 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 06:12 AM

Larry;
I am near Reading , Pa. , the little town of Blandon. I do however show up and down the east coast and have ventured occasionally into Ohio, Indiana, and Mich. I've never gone to the shows you mention however. There are several Farm O Road owners in Ohio and Indiana. I don't know if I mentioned it before but there are about 125-150 of the original 500 left in existance. Many are unrestored.
Dave