powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted July 15, 2010 - 08:48 PM

Way more interesting than the '50 Crosley station wagon I used to have!!!! Please keep us updated.
Peter

#17 DAVE A OFFLINE  

DAVE A

• Member No: 332
  • 7 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 04:45 PM

Or at least as done as it is going to get for a while. Had a blast with it down at hiltonhead and have driven it around a few times since. Got a Brinley plow and found a set of discs for it that look pretty good. Ive attached a picture (I hope)

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN1511.jpg

#18 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 04:46 PM

That looks Great :thumbs:

#19 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 05:44 PM

You did a very nice job on that! It is one neat looking rig and I'm sure it gets lots of looks where ever you take it. You done good!

#20 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 07:09 PM

That's a very cool machine! There's a similar rig in the latest issue of LAGC called a Palomino. I showed my wife the picture and told her I NEED one of these! She just looked at me like I'd grown a 3rd eye. I like the mini Jeep look that they have! Great work!

#21 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 07:13 PM

You did a great job with it and it looks sharp. Definitely an eye catcher :thumbs:

#22 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 07:23 PM

That is very cool looking.Thanks for the pic.:thumbs:

#23 DAVE A OFFLINE  

DAVE A

• 7 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted December 27, 2010 - 11:49 AM

Case Guy, if you are in any way serious, we are always looking for another Crosley collector. By the way, I have a son in Butler, a daughter in Slippery Rock, and the president of our Pa.Region for the Crosley Club is in Ford City. You can find more information on Crosleys on our web site, www.crosleyautoclub.com . If you need more information than you find there, you can always contact me through the web site. Crosleys are a lot of fun and not too much more expensive than a garden tractor. Same type of guys you find here, and like the guys here, most of them do their own work.
Here's another ic of my wife and I with the FOR at Hilton Head.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN1510.jpg

#24 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 27, 2010 - 07:38 PM

Dave A, I missed your first photo, glad you updated today. Looks great. Nice job.
If you take requests, I'd love to see the implements attached in future updates.

#25 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 28, 2010 - 04:25 PM

Case Guy, if you are in any way serious, we are always looking for another Crosley collector.

Dave, Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't say that I'm in the market for anything at the moment (kinda broke right now LOL). I am interested though. I'll keep my eye out for them around here and if one comes available i'd certainly go look at it!

By the way, I have a son in Butler, a daughter in Slippery Rock, and the president of our Pa.Region for the Crosley Club is in Ford City.

I am within an hour of both Butler and Slippery Rock, I'm not familiar with Ford City though.

You can find more information on Crosleys on our web site, www.crosleyautoclub.com . If you need more information than you find there, you can always contact me through the web site. Crosleys are a lot of fun and not too much more expensive than a garden tractor. Same type of guys you find here, and like the guys here, most of them do their own work.

Thanks for the link and for the offer of assistance, should I need it! Those are very cool machines!

Here's another ic of my wife and I with the FOR at Hilton Head.

Thank you for taking the time to post the picture!

#26 DAVE A OFFLINE  

DAVE A

• 7 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 12:55 PM

I thought I'd give you guys an update. Here is the latest picture from the last day in the canvas shop. I have the dual rear tractor wheels done and will install shortly. Right now it is back to the paint shop for touch up of a few mistakes. Then I will install the new wiring harness. I have to replace a batch of bolts that don't quite match the correct originals. April 9 it will make its show debut at the AACA show at the Charlotte Auto Fair in Charlotte NC. It is also scheduled for show at the Hemmings concours in Vermont, Monmouth County Concours in NJ, and possibly at Hilton Head in November. I have a busy Summer ahead.DSC05948.jpg

#27 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 01:02 PM

Dave, when is the Hemmings concours in Vermont scheduled for? I live in NH and would like to go if it fits in my work schedule. Nice job on your rig. I look forward to seeing it in Vermont if I can make it.
Jonathan

#28 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 01:17 PM

Dave , That is the COOLEST thing I have ever seen, I can't believe I have never seen one before now. Great job on restoration !!

#29 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 01:18 PM

I think you should enter it in the Tactor of the month contest !!!!

#30 DAVE A OFFLINE  

DAVE A

• 7 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 01:59 PM

Tinkerer, there is an open car show on Saturday the 16th of July followed by the Concours on the 17th. I should have the Farm o Road in both shows. When you stop by, be sure to introduce yourself and bring your camera so you can get your picture taken sitting in it!!!
Texas Deere...thanks for the comments, I don't know what the tractor of the month contest is, but when I take my finished pictures for PennDot, I can send one in for that also!!!