• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted September 18, 2011 - 12:54 PM

My small personal workshop has looked like a bomb went off for some time now. I hated for Brian (TD&H) to even see it when he visited. I have finally made the time to start a true cleaning, and not just shoving stuff back. I will have more than half of it completed before time to feed & milk the cows this afternoon. I'm already finding all sorts of stuff that I've noticed AWOL and some things I forgot I even owned! :bigrofl:
Will be nice having it safe to walk through! And that is actually a concern, because I have more tools than the farm shop, so Dad is always coming in to get things, which worried me he might trip on something. Gonna do my best to keep it safe for him.

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted September 18, 2011 - 02:48 PM

Daniel, I know the feeling. I went through my little work area this morning putting things where they belong. Before long it will be time to tear down the lean-to and put up the 'tractor port'. Things need to be in order before that happens. I need to keep if safe for me!

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 18, 2011 - 03:02 PM

Daniel, I didn't think a thing about your shop. It looked better then mine. I started last weekend trying to get mine back in order, I can't find anything. Here's a couple pitures of the side I haven't got to and the other side that I have started getting back on shelves. I have a lot of parts to get readuy to sell, but can't find them.

securedownload_2.jpg

I thought this might make you feel better....:bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl:

Attached Thumbnails

• securedownload.jpg

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 18, 2011 - 03:54 PM

I am in the process of cleaning/rearranging my shop to,so I know what you're going through.

#5 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted September 18, 2011 - 04:13 PM

I did some cleaning yesterday myself . The 317 I sold is coming back for a overhall And the shop was a mess.

#6 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted September 18, 2011 - 04:24 PM

Just one of those things that have to be done every so often!

#7 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted September 18, 2011 - 04:48 PM

If I could get my wife's junk out of my garage it would be a lot better. Have to admit though that if I would put things up when finished half the game would be won. Seems like every time I need this or that the commies have invaded my garage and stolen what I need. Then somehow and for some reason the return they item right back where I left it when I was working on something else. One day I was working on my MF14 and couldn't find the 9/16 x 1/2 inch wrench I had used 10 minutes earlier. Got another one out and about an hour later found that someone had stuck it in my left rear pocket. :wallbanging:

#8 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 18, 2011 - 05:40 PM

It must be cleaning time everywhere. I spent the afternoon getting the garage sorted out so the car can go back in there. Daniel, I know what you mean about stuff going missing. I lost my digital calliper and could not find it for weeks. It turned up stuck inside the Kohler K series service manual. Got the 314, the MF8 chassis, the 2320 and the Forester all in the garage now.

#9 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted September 18, 2011 - 06:17 PM

I cleaned out the Garage today as Well LOL
I got the tractors all parked close together so I can get my 1050 with the blower in when the winter comes

#10 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 18, 2011 - 07:39 PM

Cleaning up the shop is on going, mine is a mess now to many projects on the go at once can't get anything done, just have to pick one and stick with it till it's done then onto the next.
Today I spent the day cleaning up outside, the yard, grass and beds, it's getting there.

#11 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 07:41 AM

I've been at it too. Getting ready for winter, by getting the stuff that won't be touched,out of the shop, and covered up outside.
Other things onto the shelfs, and makeing room for the winter projects.
Fortunatley, when I was a kid, I had a job to set up and administer a tool crib in a large machine shop. Lots of expensive stuff, and
that's where I learn the value/importance of keeping the tools organized. That has stuck with me, so the tools are always where they're
supposed to be.
A buddy of mine is exactly the opposite. Use it, set it down. And when he can't find it he buys another one.
A couple of years ago, I forced him to let me help him do a major cleanup in his shop. I was so bad, you could only see about 25% of the floor.
Honest to god, we found 52 9/16" wrenches. I took 12" dock spikes, and secured most of them to the wall, as a reminder. He's been pretty good since.

#12 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 07:54 AM

Yeah shop cleaning must be in the air, I have been working on my for the last week. yesterday I finished wiring some lights that I hung about 9 months ago, its going to be nice to have those extra lights.

#13 worntires OFFLINE  

worntires

• Member No: 6383
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 10:56 AM

been cleaning mine getting ready for the winter, but doesn't sound or look as bad as some of the others.

#14 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 11:01 AM

Must be that time of year, spent yesterday afternoon re -arranging sorting and organizing the in-laws garage floor space, didn't actually throw much out but got it off the floor and poof found room to get my 2 tractors and the JD112 that belongs there in under cover with room to get around them!!!! Now to tackle the stuff along the walls and build myself a small work bench!!
I can't find any flat open surface on my F.I.L/B.I.L's bench.
P.

#15 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 03:38 AM

I've been trying to put tools away whenever I get finished with that project. Been so much easier to find the tools again. Anything not needed any longer goes back to it's 'home'.