• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Big John OFFLINE  

Big John

• Member No: 1450
  • 21 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted September 21, 2011 - 10:44 AM

Daniel, is that Lincoln welder of yours a Weld-an Power? If so I was given one about
five years ago. The motor was toast so I did a repower with a 17hp Onan. It took 4 days t o make the adapters to fit the Onan to the generator. Then I replaced the ignition & starter toggle switchs with a key start switch. T he toogle switches were shot because they are not rated for DC use. The only thing wrong with it now is no power to the throttle control solenoid.:yelclap:I went to my welding supply house & they had Lincoln fax them a wiring diagram for my unit. The diagram price was right-FREE.

Edited by Big John, September 21, 2011 - 10:50 AM.

#17 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 21, 2011 - 10:57 AM

Brian (TDH), does his still have the markings across the top where the needle goes? Mine are MIA. I just give it a guess. Thought if I could get a pic of one with the #'s still showing, I might see if I could make up something for Daniel to make a decal from.

Sorry Kenny, Just read this. I will take a picture and make drawing of it so you can get it replaced.
  • KennyP said thank you

#18 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted September 21, 2011 - 05:22 PM

Daniel, is that Lincoln welder of yours a Weld-an Power?

Yes, but a 150 model, powered by a Kohler K301 single. Mine has manual throttle settings/no solenoid. Is yours a 225 then?

#19 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 21, 2011 - 06:24 PM

That's a great piece Kenny! Just a little bit of trivia, the older welders are heavier because they're wound with copper coils. The newer models generally have aluminum coils and cannot handle the same sustained current as the older ones. The copper ones always seemed to create a smoother arc too, but that's just my humble opinion.
  • KennyP said thank you

#20 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted September 21, 2011 - 06:46 PM

That's a great piece Kenny! Just a little bit of trivia, the older welders are heavier because they're wound with copper coils. The newer models generally have aluminum coils and cannot handle the same sustained current as the older ones. The copper ones always seemed to create a smoother arc too, but that's just my humble opinion.

:ditto:

#21 Big John OFFLINE  

Big John

• Member No: 1450
  • 21 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted September 21, 2011 - 07:48 PM

Yes, but a 150 model, powered by a Kohler K301 single. Mine has manual throttle settings/no solenoid. Is yours a 225 then?

Original motor was 16hp B&S. Weld power is 225 A. ac , dc, dc rev. AC power is 7000 watts at 115 or 230 volts. Motor had rod trashed.
How do I get this post to appear below yours.

Edited by olcowhand, September 21, 2011 - 07:59 PM.

#22 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted September 21, 2011 - 08:01 PM

How do I get this post to appear below yours.

I did it for you, but all you have to do to quote me is on the lower right of the post you wish to quote, hit the "Reply with Quote".....then it pops up ready to add your part.
  • Big John said thank you

#23 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted October 28, 2011 - 04:23 AM

Sorry Kenny, Just read this. I will take a picture and make drawing of it so you can get it replaced.

I know you have been busy and probably have forgotten this. It would be nice to have the #s back up there, I have a pencil line drawn on top to give me an idea where to start and adjust from there. When you have time, I would be happy to have this.