• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bolonda OFFLINE  

bolonda

• Member No: 317
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 11:13 AM

I have rebuilt a mid 70s Montgomery Wards /Gilson tractor has hydrostatic and a 16hp single cylinder Briggs and Stration engine. I dont have much info or any manuals on the unit and would like to contact people that have worked on these. Their is two electrical hook up areas above the starter on the cooling schroud that i am not sure how to hook up for the charging system. any help and info will be appreciated.
Thanks
bolonda

note; bolonda name came from a bolens with a Honda V twin transplant tractor

#2 Guest_James66_*

Guest_James66_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 25, 2010 - 11:44 AM

I have a 12hp briggs Montgomery Wards and I think hooligan has a 16 hp hydrostatic mine has 4 sp I'm sure he will post. and welcome to the forum glad to have you look around see ya later

go here http://www.gttalk.co...ls/category/44/

Edited by James66, April 25, 2010 - 12:23 PM.

#3 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted September 27, 2010 - 07:42 PM

I have a 16 hp like yours only gear drive. It is a 1973. Those hookups should be for the charging and headlights.

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 08:55 PM

I have a '74 Gilson with 16 hp Briggs single and I use it once a year cause it has a tiller mounted on it. I serviced it up the best of all my collection and it fights me every time I go to start it, hence I only use it once a year... to till the garden. Trust me, I have gone through most of the starting system and after several months of screwy mind games between the Gilson and I, I started parking it in the shed addition closest to the garden, in half the elements (it has a decent coat of paint so I am not concerned).