Rant, Rant, Rant

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hooligan_*

• Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 24, 2010 - 10:56 PM

I've been working for the church, the parsonage, a preacher, and a teacher. They're all mad at me because I wont talk to them or return their calls. I would if they actually listened to one damn thing I have said, or were smarter than wheel chock. I tell them they really need to prime the drywall BEFORE they put in the floors, cabinets, or trim. I say cover all the tile and finished wood floors BEFORE the baseboards and cabinets go down. I say again cover the expensive finished hardwood floor BEFORE they build the 10 foot high stone and brick fireplace. I say buy tape type X, and buy it at store Y, to tape the floors that they still haven't covered, instead the go to store A, and buy tape B, that is made for taping wallpaper, not floors. Then they ask me why it wont stick. They also have involved me in a long conversation about locking in a interest rate, like I care. What I care about is How the job looks, How the job progresses, and How the job is managed. Since they will not listen to me and do the things necessary to make the job ready for me, I have gone to other jobs. When they ask where I am, I say their job isn't ready, and when they ask what they need to do, I say do what I asked you to do. The builder, the church, and it's members have a lot of work for me, but if they think I give a rats ass about any job I can't control, thir wrong, I don't need the money. I will give them the numbers of several schmo painters I'm sure they'll be happy with. I don't work for those kinds of people and I don't do that kind of work

#2 tractormike OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 12:11 AM

Sorry that they are not listening to you advise as to how to prep for a job. I'd just give them a sheet of paper with what your requirements are for the job and tell them to call you when those things are done. If they don't do what's on the list then they can call someone else to do it. Once you give them the list, the ball is in their court and they can decide which way they want to go. Hope it all works out.

#3 Guest_hooligan_*

• Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 25, 2010 - 12:27 AM

I told the builder and the owner both verbally 3 times, each U tell them they act like they have no Idea what I'm talking about and cannot even understand my words. I'll try to put in writing

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,222 Thanks
  • 29,689 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 08:22 AM

Saved them $2 by buying tape that won't stick.....now that's saving $'s! Yep, put it in writing so nobody can say different. Church people are still individual people, and each interpret things as they like. Putting in writing in no uncertain terms will solve any dispute over terms. Make them sign off on the paper too! They won't regret doing it right the 1st time. Measure twice....cut once!

#5 craldad63 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 592
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 07, 2010 - 10:16 PM

Measure twice....cut once! ???? Never worked for me. It's always measure once, cut twice & it;s still too short!!!