• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 16, 2011 - 03:14 PM

I will try to upload some pictures later on the test page and see if it does it to me, Thanks ducky...

#17 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 16, 2011 - 05:35 PM

Chrome doesn't support the advanced uploader used with the editor on this forum software. That is my only gripe with chrome, especially when it comes to doing articles and trying to adjust picture size. It is easier with firefox in that aspect. Although once we switch forum software we won't have that problem since that editor works with chrome just like it does with firefox.

#18 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 16, 2011 - 05:37 PM

Hate to say but chrome does the same thing in "Advance".

Ducky, can you post a screenshot of what it shows when trying to upload a pic on the advanced reply page?

#19 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted September 17, 2011 - 09:59 AM

Ducky, can you post a screenshot of what it shows when trying to upload a pic on the advanced reply page?

George
See post 13

#20 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 12:43 PM

for those of you having a problem with your system or FF being slow the problem most likely is there is to much garbage hanging around. Think of it like this, if you don't take care of your tractor and do regular maintenance and let trash accumulate on the deck and allow the air cleaner to get clogged the tractor will become slower and not preform like it once did. But if you keep up with servicing and keep it relatively clean it will keep performing for a long time.

The computer is the same way. Each time you run an application or browse the internet temporary files are created to support what ever function you are doing. The problem is that Windows does not clean up after it's self and these files accumulate. There is also a file called the registry That becomes bigger over time. So what happens is windows slows down because it now has to look through all these needless files or entries in the Registry.

This is the biggest complaint with Windows, the good news is there are programs out there that will clean your system up without laying out the $$$ the one I like is called Ccleaner you can find it Here.
Be aware there are two versions a paid version and a free one. When you click on the download button the paid version is the first one you see but scroll down a little and you will see the free one. It is easy to use and is not an aggressive cleaner so it is relatively safe . One thing I have found is that you have to run the registry wizard multiple times to get it cleaned up.

Under the "tools" section there is "Startup" which allows you to enable/disable apps that start up when you computer starts. These all eat up memory and the more of these the less available memory for actual work. A lot of these you really don't need on a day to day bases.

HTH some of you.

#21 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,650 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 09:06 AM

Bill, I bought the Pro version of Advanced SystemCare. This cleans the registry, privacy, junk files and several other things. I have been using the free version for over a year and liked it very well. Just decided the Pro version would do more. The program that found the trojan was IObit Malware Fighter. Same people as ASC. May get the paid version of it as well. I also use Smart Defrag 2. Have had no issues with any of these in the past year or more. They help keep things cleaned up and running smooth.

#22 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted September 25, 2011 - 12:02 PM

There are a lot of good tools out there and I'm always eager to learn about new ones. It doesn't make any difference weather I'm working on a tractor, trimmer, blower or a computer if I can find a tool that does a better job or may approach a task differently I put it in my tool box you never know when it will come in handy.

#23 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,745 Thanks
  • 1,396 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 08:36 PM

after using any browser for a while you show clean the history, downloads, temp files and cookies. they build up in time and slow the browser down
cleaning your cookies from any browser you will have to log on again to the web pages that remember your id and password