• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jbus725 OFFLINE  

jbus725

• Member No: 6194
  • 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted September 13, 2011 - 10:11 PM

after work did some work on puller put new key switch on no start,if you cross the solenoid with a screwdriver it will start fine and sut off with key no problem.i did notice that a white wire that is on solenoid is not hook up it has either been cut or broke off not sure were it might go could someone out there might give me a hand on were it might go and if this would cause it not to start.

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted September 13, 2011 - 11:18 PM

Do you own a test light or multimeter? If so, there are a couple of tests we can run. Also, can you get a decent pic of the solenoid? That may help.

#3 junkman1946 OFFLINE  

junkman1946

• Member No: 4236
  • 6 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted September 15, 2011 - 06:57 PM

Before you start spending money, let me give you a few ideas that you may or may not have already tried.
That engine runs off a magneto, you need not have any wires connected to it for it to run. The entire purpose of the battery is to activate the electric starter. Before you go to far clean ALL the electrical connections from the battery thru the solenoid to the starter, that is usually the problem. You mentioned you replace the key switch- did you replace it with the correct one? That would be a switch for a mag ignition. That particular switch grounds out the mag to shut the engine down. BTW the white wire your talking about may be for the lights. Also if any of your safety interlocks are disconnected or not working, that will not allow it to run or crank over.

#4 jbus725 OFFLINE  

jbus725

• 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted September 15, 2011 - 09:30 PM

got it running tonight found what the white wire was it went to the key switch must of put the wrong white wire on after hooking it up cranked right over,dummy me and found out it is not a LT it is a YT according to the manual i have for it. sure thankful for everybody's help on this, now i can go on fixing other items. need to change fuel line its hard and brittle, fuel filter,couple new plugs and trying to come up with a color to paint it.maybe lime green frame and black body.

#5 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted September 15, 2011 - 09:40 PM

Glad to hear that you got your tractor running. Please keep us updated on the other items you want to fix.

#6 jbus725 OFFLINE  

jbus725

• 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted September 15, 2011 - 09:44 PM

will do thanks