• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 13, 2011 - 03:55 PM

so on my g14's flywheel theres 2 metal stubs sticking out that go by the coil. and well the taller one is bent to all hell. hence why im not getting spark. are they removable or part of the flywheel?

#2 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 13, 2011 - 04:00 PM

its my trigger pins. any idea if there replaceable or what?

#3 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted September 13, 2011 - 05:14 PM

they should be replaceable. I believe they are driven in. I would try straighting first tho. If it's bent, what bent it? If contact with the CDI, that could be bad... if it's the bolt towards the bottom on the tin that someone replaced with a longer bolt, that may not be so bad.

#4 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 13, 2011 - 05:31 PM

it hit the coil. but i bent it out and its making the same spark pattern as before. and since the battery is on its way out it didnt spin that fast at all.

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted September 13, 2011 - 05:52 PM

At cranking speed, the short one will not trigger at the slow speed, so the tall pin does the firing at cranking speed at a retarded timing, making for an easy start. Once engine is fired up to speed, then the shorter pin can make enough magnetic field to take over & run the spark at an advanced setting.
If you can get the pin straightened up, or replaced, you should be fine. If the tall pin isn't tall enough anymore, then you would definitely get an erratic spark at best.
I have no idea as to the air gaps for either pin, but I would think around .010" for the taller pin. Just be sure there is no excessive crank play that could allow the pin to hit the coil again.
  • Bolens 1000 said thank you

#6 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted September 13, 2011 - 06:50 PM

it hit the coil. but i bent it out and its making the same spark pattern as before. and since the battery is on its way out it didnt spin that fast at all.

I would straighten the pin as best possible just in case there is coil damage.

#7 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 13, 2011 - 07:11 PM

its pretty good now. im in the process of taking the flywheel off anyway to clean the magnets. then ill make sure there really good.

#8 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 13, 2011 - 07:46 PM

so i took the air compressor and blew some air behind the flywheel dust dust and more dust. also some signs of mouse bedding. only a few strands so maybe that was my issue =)