Designated Driver for My MF-7

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,689 Thanks
  • 2,911 posts

Posted September 17, 2011 - 08:13 PM

My 18 month old loves to ride on the tractor with me. Now just when I'm browsing the forum, if there is a picture of a Massey, he goes "BBrrrmm"

#17 ducky OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,533 Thanks
  • 3,781 posts

Posted September 17, 2011 - 08:46 PM

im hopeing she will be more apt to ask for help in difficult or potentially dangerous situations,

Trowel, I have had some issues like this as well. It seems you have to get a common interest. Tractors can be one.

#18 trowel OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 18, 2011 - 07:13 AM

ducky, she has no intrest in tractors any more, all kissy faced with boys now, the newly found intrest in the pulling sport is now our common ground and the questions about life is injected into discussions regarding engines and such when her mind is hungry for info. it is hard but i carefully wait untill the time is right or the words are said then i give advice, never around her friends so as not to embarrass her therefore driving her away, teenagers are inhertly difficult but i understand being there once before, a give and take relationship that i have to learn how to let the smaller things go, my uncle and aunt means nothing to her now and the harder they push the further she is so holding true to my promise to watch over the girls from the outside,
all the boys friends know that my ears are everywere thrue friends and friends childrens and that the repercutions will be harsh coming from me, when it come to the girls i won't care about jail, my reputation proceeds me and they know and respect that.
as you can tell by this post my age is catching up with me now,
ducky, regarding teenagers and tractors, how was you able to catch yours before spiralling out of control, im on a learn as i go basis with them.