Been all afternoon shortening the wiring harness that came off the Gator. About 5' of extra wiring, which was too much just to loop up & stuff in the dash. Risk of wires rubbing & shorting out. So I un-taped it all, then began removing wiring that has no purpose in the tractor. Removed several wires & one whole sub-harness with relays for whatever the Gator used. This sub-harness just plugged into the main, so that was easy. Then I cut out 5' of the entire harness, soldering & shrink wrapping each joint. Once finished & everything tested to still be working perfectly, I tape wrapped the now short section that was exposed.
Tons still to do: Battery box mounted, air filter housing mounted, radiator guard to build, hood to lengthen, fuel tank to figure out, hydro cooler to install once it arrives.........the list goes on forever. So Brian (TD&H), it's still gonna be quite some time getting this repower done.
Edited to add:
I measured the wire removed, and it was 7' that I shortened the harness!