4 replies to this topic

#1 tyler OFFLINE  

tyler

Tractorholic

• Member No: 437
  • 55 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted September 11, 2011 - 07:14 AM

does anyone know the mower deck max height on the 1655 and the 1650?

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 11, 2011 - 09:11 AM

I don't know what the exact measurement would be since my deck isn't mounted. I know it doesn't lift as high as you would think it would with how big the 1655 is. I am guessing with 6" max clearance height and 8" max cutting height if you cut with the deck lifted all the way up.

#3 tyler OFFLINE  

tyler

Tractorholic

• 55 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted September 11, 2011 - 09:31 AM

in the manual it tells you to have gauge wheels in full up position when attaching mower . full up position to me, is gauge wheels as high as they can go. i only can get about 2.5 inch at max. today i'm going to attach it with gauge wheels all the way down and see if there is any difference. i had the same thing happen with the 1655

#4 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted September 11, 2011 - 10:54 AM

in the manual it tells you to have gauge wheels in full up position when attaching mower . full up position to me, is gauge wheels as high as they can go. i only can get about 2.5 inch at max. today i'm going to attach it with gauge wheels all the way down and see if there is any difference. i had the same thing happen with the 1655

What they mean is that the wheels are up as far as they can go.So in another words the deck sits as close to the grd as possible.The reason for this is so that it makes it easier to slide the mower deck underneath the tractor,without the deck's gear box hitting the underside of the tractor.What I do is either drive the front wheels onto a piece of 2x6 or jack the front up just a bit to give me the clearance.With me having the Hydralic tank for the loader underneath the RH running board I need to do this because the tank is about 1" lower then the tractors frame.Larry

#5 tyler OFFLINE  

tyler

Tractorholic

• 55 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted September 11, 2011 - 06:39 PM

i did it. thanks larry. my max height for the deck is around 4.5 inch. that's perfect i like 3 ich cut.