Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

How to remove "fenders" or "platform" on JD 455.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BlindDuck OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4008
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted September 09, 2011 - 11:25 PM

I want to remove the rear fenders on my JD 455 to be able to get to the gas tank/fuel pump. How do you remove the mower deck adjustment lever? Do you need to undo something from the underside of the tractor, which kinda means take the mower off?
Or is it much easier to remove the 2 bolts on each side that connect the foot pad areas to the rear fenders? Are these 4 bolts the only ones that connect the 2 halves of the platform? Even if this is the preferred method, just for curiosity sake, how does the large mower height adjustment piece come off?

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,461 Thanks
  • 15,391 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 11:08 AM

BlindDuck, Welcome to GT talk, Glad you joined us. I have moved your thread to the JD. forum so that it is in the right forum. You will have a better chance of getting an answer here.

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 05:08 PM

Welcome to GTTalk Blind duck! Have you gone to JDParts.com and looked up the parts diagrams for your tractor. Viewing them may show you how it all goes together. I had a x475 which had a similar chassis to the 455 but I never had to remove the fenders or deck to get at the fuel tank.