• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted September 12, 2011 - 07:57 PM

Well mine is a bulldozer, and is called that by Sears. It uses a parallel linkage in the lift system and raises quite high. ive never measured it but it high enough that when i use it as counter-weight for plowing it clears the land side by a few inches. See it here in these photos.

Attached Thumbnails

• dozer.jpg
  • suburban 600.jpg

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,393 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted September 12, 2011 - 07:58 PM

Thanks, Buck. Post some pics, maybe you have an earlier model blade, or it has been modded. There is another blade # 09jc9797, I think. I haven't compared the two. Maybe that's what yours is.
I need to order the trip springs, but I'm getting them from Sears. $7 +/- there, and they will work. I have the #'s stored somewhere. With the new bushings I put in the lift, I can get 4" now. I can set it up to get 6", but it bottoms on the axle then. Don't like that.

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,393 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted September 12, 2011 - 08:06 PM

Thanks, Lauber1. That is a nice setup. The Ford goes under the tractor to mid point. So we are limited by the front axle as to how high it will go. I will get to play with it some before long, albeit in the dirt. I haven't had a blade before now, so it is a learning experience. Definitely need some weights for the rear. I need to find an old 12" cast iron skillet so I can melt the lead down and get it ready for wheel weight. Have to invest in WW fluid too.