• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 21, 2010 - 09:45 PM

I got my new rebuilt steering column today, looked just like my old one, except this one was almost 4 inches longer. I dry fitted it just to see if it would work, it does, except, it's going to be like driving with ape hangers. I'm sending it back. I'm also sending mine back for him to rebuild and send back. I have searched over and over for the parts to rebuild myself, but no luck, bummer. Looks like I'll have time to finish the other MF1650

#2 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 251 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted April 22, 2010 - 04:01 PM

What column do you need rebuilt?

#3 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 23, 2010 - 06:47 AM

Massey MF-14, I found the part to redo it from Millers A1, and since this guy doesn't want to rebuild mine, me paying for shipping both ways, I guess I'll return it and save some money by doing it my self

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,289 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 23, 2010 - 07:19 AM

It would be great if you can document and take a lot of pics while rebuilding yours then and we can publish it as a how to. :D

#5 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 24, 2010 - 09:56 PM

This guy that sells these steering columns on ebay doesn't know what tractors his columns fit. He knows NOTHING about ANY garden tractors, the models, the years, or any part numbers. He listed the steering column I bought as a column for a MF10, MF12, MF1200, and MF16. It actually only fits the MF10/12. He assured me it fit the MF16 and since it was the same as a MF14 it would work, and it will work, if you like 5 inches of column sticky out of the dash, I dont. So I wiped it down and cleaned it, repackaged it and sent it back, insured to the tune of 23.50 in shipping cost. Now my 170.00 steering column cost 203.50 and I dont have anything. I wrote the guy 2 days ago and tell him I will pay for shipping and he will credit my paypal account. He writes yesterday and today strongly suggesting I keep the column and try and sell it on ebay, I again remind him I sent the column by priority mail 2 days ago as I already stated, so far I have heard nothing from him. I think it's time to contact paypal

#6 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 177 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 24, 2010 - 10:23 PM

nowadays the first thing you have to do is open up a dispute so the seller cant take the funds out of their account. looks like theres just a couple bearings in the column to replace? or is it more than that

#7 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 24, 2010 - 11:04 PM

nowadays the first thing you have to do is open up a dispute so the seller cant take the funds out of their account. looks like theres just a couple bearings in the column to replace? or is it more than that

I'm going to give him til wednesday, when I know he has it back, yep a few bearings a new screw in the worm gear. I can do it myself as soon as I can get someone that knows what part they need to send me, seems as if the people who sell these parts have no clue as to what there doing. I can give them the parts numbers, but they cant even give me numbers of what they have. Thanks

#8 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 37,196 Thanks
  • 30,208 posts

Posted April 25, 2010 - 08:06 AM

Bum seller for sure. Sure hope it doesn't drag out for a long time getting it settled.

#9 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 27, 2010 - 10:31 PM

The guy either doesnt understand english or is a Jerk, I told him to refund my money or send me the part. He keeps wanting me to send him MY column, I dont trust the guy at ALL. Now he says if I send my column, he will rebuild it for free. Free hell, I got 200 plus into it

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,289 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 28, 2010 - 04:59 AM

Did you pay with Paypal? If so I would go through paypal and have them refund the payment. I wouldn't do anymore business with that guy. I though he originally said he can't rebuild your column?

#11 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 28, 2010 - 08:01 PM

That's what he said, now he says he can rebuild it, and wants me to send it, Yeah like that's going to happen. I paid with PayPal I'm getting my money back