sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 10:52 PM

By tags you mean the sears metal tags?? yes...pretty faded though....

According to one of the manuals that came with the implements the part that attaches to the sleeve hitch was a model no. 917-253182 called a Sleeve 3-point Hitch adapter.

I got to look back at my first pictures and then these pictures....but I think I have ended up with a seeder that is a 3point and a seeder that is attached by a sleeve hitch...

I have a manual here that shows the seeder was sold with a cat o 3pt and a sleeve hitch. So you think the piece on the end of the seeder has been made into a sleeve hitch rather than an original sleeve hitch right??

All of this is still new to me.....appreciate any help .....would like to know what I have found and if it is unique or a common piece....and if it is original or has been modified.

thanks

#17 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 10:57 PM

by tags you mean the metal sears tags right? Yes all seem to be there.

I was amazed the manuals for the seeder, sleeve hitch 3pt adapter, harrow, cultivator, middlebuster, etc were with the implements. I need to look but has anyone uploaded these manuals as a sticky for those who are looking for info?? I could scan them when I get a chance.

Thanks for your help... ......still learning about these implements.......and appreciate any info on these pieces. I don't know at this point what is original and what has been modified.

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,494 Thanks
  • 39,727 posts

Posted September 21, 2011 - 03:34 AM

sacsr, if these are Sears implements, they probably need to go with the Sears manuals. Can you upload them as .pdf?

By the way, excellent score.

Edited by KennyP, September 21, 2011 - 03:40 AM.
Added Comment

• sacsr said thank you

#19 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 21, 2011 - 06:27 AM

:ditto: on what he said,

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,318 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted September 21, 2011 - 06:35 AM

If you wouldnt mind scanning those. That would be great.
The seeder may be in there, but they made several models.
I for one, would love to see some dimensions and a bunch of pics on the 3 point adapt. I've never seen one that wasn't home made.

#21 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted September 21, 2011 - 07:13 AM

When I get home this weekend will see what has already been uploaded and then scan from the manuals I have.

MH81 will take some pictures of the adapter once I have unloaded them. I left the seeder with my friend to get the rear axle to turn. Just wish they had not had the lawn mower and snow plow "taken" by a friend to fix and never returned. Would be pretty cool to have the set. If he does not find the mower and plow.....I will probably sell the owners manual to the deck and the mower. He had a 15hp suburban tractor 917.25201 and the deck was a 917.25358...manual says 917.253530 but he had lightly marked it out and hand written the 25358 part.

10" plow has had some welding done to the bottom blade. Rest looks to be original. Believe it or not I am heading home with 8 plastic quail crates, 1 disc harrow, 1 middle plow, 1 10" plow, 1 cultivator......plus my luggage in my buick lesabre....to say the least I am heading home full with my "finds" on this trip.

Will pick the seeder up next time I am down that way.

#22 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted September 21, 2011 - 08:18 PM

I have most of the orginal manuals, but there all in the DB era, before 1965. There was a seeder made withthe sleeve hitch, but its after 65' and i dont follow those much. Most of the newer stuff in like the older ones, just the numbers were changed. With out looking at mine, the seeders 3pt was welded to the main frame, so someone would have had to cut it off and bolt those brackets on. ...................................................................................

.[/QUOTE]

#23 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted September 22, 2011 - 08:25 PM

I am thinking this seeder and the other implements are late 60's or early 70's. I have attached the front page of the manual and the diagrams of the two ways this seeder could be bought. One way is the sleeve hitch and the other way is the 3pt hitch. Looks like mine is the original set up....just a later version. I went out and looked at my earlier seeder and the hitch set up is different.

Attached Files

• KennyP and Lauber1 have said thanks

#24 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted September 22, 2011 - 09:17 PM

I have downloaded the 3pt sleeve hitch adapter manual to the sears implement manual section.
  • KennyP said thank you