3 replies to this topic

#1 jrk OFFLINE  

jrk

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1621
  • 42 Thanks
  • 95 posts

Posted September 08, 2011 - 01:43 PM

I've been talking to a few of our members and searching all over the net to find if anyone has torn into the hydraulic motor (axle) and replaced the gaskets and/or any high wear items. From my understanding a few hydraulic companies have said this motor was specifically made for Case and has no replacement in the aftermarket.

Can anyone give me some help on where I can find some rebuilding info on the Ross hydraulic motor that comes on our Cases? Also how long can one of these be expected to last without giving up the ghost?

BTW I did contact Ingersoll and they don't carry the wear plate anymore but they did email me the drawing if I wanted to get one made. I've done some legwork on the project but I figure there must be someone else on the board that has done the same.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 08, 2011 - 04:18 PM

Have you ever tried to contact your local Case dealership? I have heard that they still carry many of the older parts, though I cannot confirm this from personal experience.

#3 jrk OFFLINE  

jrk

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1621
  • 42 Thanks
  • 95 posts

Posted September 08, 2011 - 08:50 PM

I've contacted the local Case dealer and the Ingersoll distributor for our area to no avail on the wear plate in the motor (discontinued in 2001). Not sure if this needs replaced or not since I haven't torn into it but I just wanted to prepare myself mentally for any future upgrades.

Has anyone done any kind of seal repairs on the Case drive motor?

#4 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted September 09, 2011 - 12:02 AM

I would just look for a used motor