6 replies to this topic

#1 tomkuchenbrod OFFLINE  

tomkuchenbrod

• Member No: 5982
  • 6 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted September 08, 2011 - 11:13 AM

Howdy,

My mf 10 has a wobbly input shaft. I am pretty sure that the bearings are bad and need help locating inexpensive replacements. Also, my hh100 engine needs new points and the company I would have ordered from doesn't sell them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:worshippy1:

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted September 08, 2011 - 11:18 AM

Those points are NLA (no longer available). There is however a Kohler model that the points from them will work on the HH100 & HH120. I forget which it is, but either someone else will chime in, or I'll find out & post it. The bearing is likely a std bearing that can be gotten at any bearing supply. There will be a number on the bad bearing. For some reason I cannot access the Agco site to get the part # to dross the bearing. I'm not much help today am I!
  • tomkuchenbrod said thank you

#3 tomkuchenbrod OFFLINE  

tomkuchenbrod

• 6 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted September 08, 2011 - 11:22 AM

You have been a great deal of help. At least now I know there are cheap replacements out there running around.

#4 MFGray OFFLINE  

MFGray

• Member No: 154
  • 129 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted September 08, 2011 - 02:18 PM

There are three bearings on the input shaft and all three are readily available. The case holds an oil seal/needle bearing/ball bearing combination and the end of the input shaft rotates within a small needle bearing in the shifter shaft. Removal of that last one is interesting - it needs wet papier mache to be inserted into the bearing and compressed with a snug metal rod hammered in to lift the bearing out of its blind recess hydraulically, amazingly it works, but you may not need to replace it. My MF12G had some play in the input shaft and I replaced all three; there was still a bit of play afterwards, but much better.

George.
  • IamSherwood and tomkuchenbrod have said thanks

#5 tomkuchenbrod OFFLINE  

tomkuchenbrod

• 6 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted September 08, 2011 - 02:27 PM

I will copy and paste this post to my uncle in an email. It has been very helpful. Thank you very much.

#6 skidoo OFFLINE  

skidoo

• Member No: 6170
  • 1 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted September 13, 2011 - 08:02 PM

Howdy,

My mf 10 has a wobbly input shaft. I am pretty sure that the bearings are bad and need help locating inexpensive replacements. Also, my hh100 engine needs new points and the company I would have ordered from doesn't sell them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:worshippy1:

Just ordered one from MF today Will have in morn ..Mine was wobbly to and noisy ..Iam in Canada If you want to know what i pay e mail to harrykeller@kos.net ..Good Luck

#7 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted September 13, 2011 - 08:22 PM

Just ordered one from MF today Will have in morn ..Mine was wobbly to and noisy ..Iam in Canada If you want to know what i pay e mail to harrykeller@kos.net ..Good Luck

I have a MF10 carcass with tranny sitting around. PM me if interested. I'm in Canada too. We can't be that far apart.:smile1: