Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

School!? what! no!!!! here we go again for the 13th and final time..

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1477
  • 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 05:41 AM

Not including the numerous preschools I got expelled from for fighting over crayon... (not joking)

Schools starting, it's my senior year. Forgot my bus info, oh well. So far so good. Only reason for not calling this year a waste already is I have Auto tech for two hours every morning. My backpack is still full of papers from last year, forgot to clean it out, oops! So I'll use the schools recycle bin in... about an hour to turn it upside down and shake.

Getting up at 5am, not a problem, I'm a night time person. come about noon I'm going to crash and need a nap. I've always been that way though so it's nothing new, got the pillow ready. The story behind that is, 2 years ago I had an English teacher that was absolutely against me sleeping in class but let me because I got 100% on every thing. one day she gave ,e a special 200 question test and said if you get it all right , none wrong, bring a pillow.... I brought a pillow every day after that. So, today I got my miniature pillow packed up and ready for use, I got that same English teacher again.

Now I got to wake up my mom to find out my bus info if she remembers it...

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 05:47 AM

Good luck at school Bill.

#3 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,449 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 05:53 AM

Enjoy your last year of HS , Al

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 06:05 AM

Enjoy the year. Before long, that's all over. Then it's job time and that takes a long time to get thru.

#5 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 06:15 AM

Enjoy the year. Before long, that's all over. Then it's job time and that takes a long time to get thru.

Thanks every one!

Yeah, long time to get through. I enjoy the hard labor on the farm and working on things.

wait... everything but minivans, and cars that have no room for a mechanics hand...

We put up 1000 bales first crop off of 15.6 acres first crop, most of that was me behind the baler on an old camper trailer. I enjoyed every minute of it. This year we made our bales smaller, but them came out heavier. full load 5 bales high by 3 wide by ? long on a 14ft trailer had both axles springs compressed and axle touching the frame. Can't wait to be working instead of sitting idle in school.

#6 Stoneman OFFLINE  

Stoneman

Masseyholic

• Member No: 1763
  • 26 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 06:33 AM

This is my junior year. im going to make the best of it today (: good luck fellow Minnesotan......

#7 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 06:54 AM

Man,it's been exactly 30 years since I got out of school.

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 07:05 AM

Good luck in school guys, please get good grades and then good jobs...
Someone has to pay for my Social Security when I retire :laughingteeth:

Just kidding, best of luck.

#9 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,861 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 08:20 AM

Good Luck Bill. Enjoy that last year of school.

#10 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 09:00 AM

And they won't allow pillows at work either!

#11 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 06:17 PM

And they won't allow pillows at work either!

No matter how good you do!!! In fact, if you do that well, they'll give you more to do!

Enjoy the last year of school and keep up the good grades. They're more important than you might ever think they are!

#12 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 09:06 PM

Bill, make the most of it and enjoy every minute of it. This is your last year, in 20 years you will be wishing you were back there having fun again.

#13 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 10:22 PM

Thanks again every one!

The school environment is very "dull" I don't know how people manage to stay awake... every teacher has the same posters, the walls are all a urine yellow color, the floors are all 70's carpet or tile with puke stains here and there.

The work environment (where I intend on going towards) is always changing and something new is always arriving. I can stay up for days with out sleep if I'm interested in something. Plus it helps when I'm on my feet moving around, not sitting in a desk with a table top in front of me at the perfect height for laying my head on and sleeping. I also find the 76 degrees they keep the school very, tiring, it's always has that warm feeling and makes me super tired if I can't move around.

But at any rate here I'm off to bed to get some sleep! got to be rested up for my edumacation!

Stoneman, best of luck to you this year. Junior year to me was the perfect chance to goof off, my classes were easy and the hard ones were easy to me. I went from the lowest math class offered in my school to # one in my classroom of 40 in an intermediate course. I goofed around, never did home work at home, etc.... I did everything in a study hall. If you have a chance at a study hall, take it. It's the biggest help I've found yet. Once I get home, I'm done, I can't think school to save my life. but while I'm there, I can polish out a 40 question math homework assignment in under an hour and get close to 100% on it.

Just don't take free time too far, goof off and have fun but as soon as you slip, it's hard to catch up so be careful on how much goofing off you do. Teachers are a lot tougher on every one junior year compared to sophomore year, than senior year the ease up a little. (some of them do... others get stricter...)

Edited by BillTheTractorMan, September 06, 2011 - 10:37 PM.

#14 Fabman OFFLINE  

Fabman

• Member No: 3229
  • 257 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 11:10 PM

Enjoy your last yr. of high school Bill. Life's a learning experience everyday. I try to learn something new everyday myself even at my age. Good luck in life. Hey mjodrey, I'v been out for 42yrs. myself. Where did the time go.

#15 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 11:39 PM

Bill,

You're welcome to transfer to my school! They painted my shop this summer and you can have all of the engine and tractor manuals you want loaded up on your iPad. My flying pig and talking deer head may keep you entertained for a little while. :smile1: You can help my teacher's assistants rip apart my Allis this winter. The commute might get to you though. Good luck on your senior year and don't burn any bridges - you never know when you might need a recommendation.