• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PennsylvaniaNewt OFFLINE  

PennsylvaniaNewt

• Member No: 5693
  • 49 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted September 05, 2011 - 08:00 PM

Could some one send me a picture of the seat removed on a 1250 so I can see how all the linkage and springs are supposed to go (brake, parking lever, foot pedal etc.) and also how the fan mounts into place on the drive shaft (someone cobbled the fan mounting). I think someone cobbled things up sometime over the years with the linkage and springs.

I see someone placed a spring on the park lever holding it tight to the rear (to keep the parking pawl engaged). I wonder if this is what is pulling the hydrostat slightly into nuetral as I am driving around.

I took the spring off and now it makes a clicking sound and does not fully engage the pawl. How hard is this to fix and or what is probably the problem?

I looked at the parts diagrams but they are not easy to understand.

Pictures would really help alot! :D

#2 PennsylvaniaNewt OFFLINE  

PennsylvaniaNewt

• 49 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 08:01 AM

Does anyone have any pictures or can explain to me how the rear fan attaches to the shaft on the rear of the driveshaft. Someone drilled two holes crooked and placed two nails in and bent them over. I am going to have to repair this section and could use some pictures. Also does the rear part of the driveshaft use a set screw of any type or is it just bolted at the other (engine) end.

#3 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 08:53 AM

The fan was a pressed fit onto the drive shaft.There was no set screw or pin in the hydro end of the drive shaft it just slid on and the bolt on the crank end kept it in place.As for a pic of the setup this is the best i have right now if you need more let me know and i will see what i can do.

Attached Thumbnails

• m 002.jpg

Edited by bhts, September 10, 2011 - 09:06 AM.

#4 PennsylvaniaNewt OFFLINE  

PennsylvaniaNewt

• 49 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 10:02 AM

Wow that helps alot! The spring on the brake rod (I can see only half). Where does the other end connect? I ask because someone removed mine and I am looking for the attachment point!

Thank you again this is VERY much appreciated!!!!!!! :smile1:

#5 PennsylvaniaNewt OFFLINE  

PennsylvaniaNewt

• 49 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 10:04 AM

Also the hole I see on your transmission imput shaft, What are they for?

#6 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 12:15 PM

The spring attaches to the fender pan support.You will see a hole in it just up from the brakes.The hole in the input shaft someone put in it and had a pin in it but it is not a factory hole.