wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 04:44 PM

Great to hear that Doug, mabey it's time I worked on my Elec Trak, mabey that will be more rewarding than my current endeavors....

#107 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 11:29 PM

Doug - it's good you have persistence on this . The New Idea involvement seems to be a bigger enigna than the original design by GE. It was enough like GE but by the NI specs and I have not yet heard any names involved in the engineering . It is enough for some people that they even exist but we want more . And I am beginning to prefer the look of NI paint. My avatar pic is what my father purchased as new and no longer in existence.

#108 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted December 18, 2011 - 07:26 PM

Just found out today that EGT200s were made 1974, serial# 4001 to 4250.

250 tractors total, if they used all the #s

These are more rare than the Sears electric lawn tractors, they about made 400 of them.

Edited by DH1, December 18, 2011 - 07:59 PM.
added content

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#109 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted December 18, 2011 - 08:54 PM

And I am beginning to prefer the look of NI paint. My avatar pic is what my father purchased as new and no longer in existence.

Sparky you have a big picture of your avatar?

Edited by DH1, December 18, 2011 - 09:08 PM.
spelling

#110 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 18, 2011 - 09:02 PM

I am looking around for a pic circa 1974 with my brother driving . It should show mid mount deck w/ rear discharge . Lot #3 sold to my dad April 1974. Hope I can find it. Avatar pic is a nephew.

#111 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 21, 2011 - 11:12 PM

In general the recently found list of NI serial numbers indicates the range of production . I have found one exception to it in serial numbers for mower decks - it seems a few more were labeled NI than thought. Since this was part of inventory adjustment to wind down the GE involvement - well so be it. Geo is aware and duly notes it . DH1 still has a rare and sought after tractor.;

#112 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted December 22, 2011 - 08:11 PM

This is a listing of the New Idea Electric tractors and there serial #s>http://www.myelec-tr...om/12-12-74.pdf

It is posted on>My Elec-Traks - Index
Which in my opinion is an EXCELLENT single source of facts and info on Electric Tractors.

Just thought that others might want to know.

#113 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted December 27, 2011 - 04:22 PM

Today I got myself a much desired attachment, 48" dozer blade.
I paid a fair buck for this and got a really good one, comes with all the pins, clips needed to mount it. Nice and tight at the pivot point with a new bolt, not sloppy at all, has a new angle latch spring and again is nice and tight. I don't think the blade has had much use, it's not bent or beat up, even the skid shoe has minimal wear on it.

002.jpg

These New Idea blades were originally White, they are the same as the GE version which were painted Yellow.
I will definitely make good use of this.

Jake the Dog always inspects any tractors or attachments that arrive.

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.jpg

#114 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 27, 2011 - 05:22 PM

Hey Doug, that is a great looking blade you got there, glad you found it in such good condition to boot.

#115 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 06:22 PM

Another part arrived today, I got a front bumper off of a GE large frame tractor.
Plan on modifying this to duplicate the New Idea front Derrick bracket.
I figure if I cut the sides, top and bottom where it folds over, drill 4 holes in the right spots it'll work.
I don't have an attachment that use's it but I plan on making the front platform lift and that needs the Derrick.
One thing I've noticed about these GE, NI tractors is that the attachments for them seem to go on and quick and easy.

#116 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 07:30 PM

Great addition to the NI Doug. I have to get my GE out sometime this winter and run it around the yard. Hope to get it repainted sometime this year, or at minimum the brand new tires on it. I really need to get building a front blade for my GE so I at least have one working tractor each winter!! lol

#117 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,288 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 07:39 PM

Excellent news, now you will be busy fabbing up all the attachments you can't find one of.

What else uses the front derrick?

#118 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 08:48 PM

Excellent news, now you will be busy fabbing up all the attachments you can't find one of.

What else uses the front derrick?

As far as I know only the>
-Platform lift, it's big enough to carry a garbage can.
-Front mower deck.

Others have modified the dozer blade and snow blower to use the front Derrick, but the factory versions don't.

#119 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 08:51 PM

Great addition to the NI Doug. I have to get my GE out sometime this winter and run it around the yard. Hope to get it repainted sometime this year, or at minimum the brand new tires on it. I really need to get building a front blade for my GE so I at least have one working tractor each winter!! lol

The front dozer blade on these tractors is pretty beefy, it is also the most popular attachment so you might be able to find 1.
When I was looking for mine I stumbled across 4 of them from 3 different sellers.

#120 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 20, 2012 - 09:08 PM

The front dozer blade on these tractors is pretty beefy, it is also the most popular attachment so you might be able to find 1.
When I was looking for mine I stumbled across 4 of them from 3 different sellers.

I am not going to be doing anything that needs to be that heavy. I know they were 48 inch blades, funny, thats the only size I don't have LOL. I however, have the front mount piece for it, just need a blade/mount, and I have a decent 42 inch Bolens tube frame blade/mount I can easily adapt I am sure. I was originally going to make a combination front blade/carryall for the GE but with a garden trailer in the works I don't need a carryall lol. It isn't that difficult once you have the mount to adapt just about any blade to it, all that is needed is a pair of cultivator clamps (hopefully to go over the bar like OEM) that aren't being used and a blade/mount to weld them to.