DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted October 01, 2011 - 07:43 PM

Looks like I've tracked down #1 and 2 but the lift bracket (derrick) is going to be hard to find.
Mine looks like it bolts to the tractor and the GEs are welded or part of the front bumper.
EHT200 038.jpg
A pic of the GE front lift bumper with derrick.
ElecTrakE20020small.jpg

Anybody know if there are other variations of the front lift or where to get one?

Attached Thumbnails

• EHT200 001.jpg

Edited by DH1, October 01, 2011 - 08:22 PM.

#77 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted October 01, 2011 - 07:52 PM

Sounds like you're makeing headway. Good stuff.

#78 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,343 Thanks
  • 28,648 posts

Posted October 01, 2011 - 07:52 PM

I think Sparky has put a lift together. Hopefully he chimes in.

#79 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted October 01, 2011 - 08:41 PM

DH1 has wandered into another area of ET history . New Idea apparently did not have much demand for front mount equipment - either snow throwers or mowing decks up front . So the frames were all customized for mid mount hardware . While the front mount hardware was offered but not necessarily sold ,there you go. Good luck finding orange front mount hardware. Convert the yellow stuff. I have dealt with NI Elec-Traks but haven't given much thought till now but the answers are obvious considering overall ET history. I have an EGT120 waiting for attention , one similar to the one my father bought new . Maybe time to start on it.

#80 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted October 01, 2011 - 08:52 PM

DH1 has wandered into another area of ET history . New Idea apparently did not have much demand for front mount equipment - either snow throwers or mowing decks up front . So the frames were all customized for mid mount hardware . While the front mount hardware was offered but not necessarily sold ,there you go. Good luck finding orange front mount hardware. Convert the yellow stuff. I have dealt with NI Elec-Traks but haven't given much thought till now but the answers are obvious considering overall ET history. I have an EGT120 waiting for attention , one similar to the one my father bought new . Maybe time to start on it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the "E12M" is a GE Mid mount large frame tractor, from what I can find out the bases for the EGT120, 150 and 200s.
They were offered with both belly or front mount mowers, but you make a good point as to how many were sold with the front mount setup.???

#81 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted October 01, 2011 - 09:25 PM

The wheelbase length and flat platform deck and location of lift were main differences of mid mounts . But the welding of lift arm brackets and location of pin bracket for front AP71 was also a factor . So the welders were probably told to make em all the same at some point thus putting another seal on the fate of NI units. A lot of production decisions went into this line starting in the sprinng of 69 when market testing started and August 1974 when Ge handed it over to WH. The basic frames were stamped and then given to the welders - all according to GE mid or front mount wheelbase lengths .

#82 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 02:43 AM

I want to chime in with an idea. Make up your own front lift. Sparky told me that the GE setup was not the greatest, but it was a way. If you use an actuator off of a 36v floor scrubber (a 36V actuator is used to lift the brushes) and mount it up front with a lever/chain method, you can lift all your front implements and maintain float with low amp draw. You can also use heavier duty Von Weise satellite dish actuators, most are rated up to 36 volts and 600 pound thrust. Those can be had off of the old 6-10 foot diameter dishes.

#83 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for the response guys that's why I ask questions to get answers.
I have the lift that came with the tractor it's the 36 volt late model unit, going to try to find the missing front bracket (derrick).
What is a AP71? All I can find is it's a headlight kit for E8M and E10M???

#84 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 12:25 PM

Ap71 was misspeak but I was refering to bracket for attaching snowblade . snowthrower etc. While frontmount was still possible on frames built for midmount the attachment hardware changed also. AP56 was GE bracket for standard purposes . The NI parts list has it probably but the dimensions were different I think . Mr Frerking and a few others are far more versed but the reasoning why things evolved this way stays about the same .

#85 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 01:12 PM

Full line Brochure > http://www.myelec-tr...com/7415-99.pdf

Owners Manual > http://www.myelec-traks.com/LG1002.pdf

Maybe this should be a sticky, lots of info, pictures here.

#86 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted October 04, 2011 - 08:33 PM

I'm trying now to match up the paint on this tractor, the white is not a problem.
The Bittersweet orange from what I can find out is not the same colour as what they had when they made these tractors.
The off white is called buff but that's about all I know about it.
I got 2 good samples of both colours, Buff on the inside of the hood, Bittersweet on the inside of the access panel under the steering wheel.
Anybody got any ideas?
EHT200 006.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• EGT200 003.jpg

#87 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted October 06, 2011 - 04:07 PM

Doug - since these are well built and highly sought after ( NI machines ) the bold replacement bittersweet orange and standard white would be hit of any ET show and completely acceptable from what I'm reading . You held out for a quality unit and got it !!! My three cents worth. Fred
  • DH1 said thank you

#88 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted October 06, 2011 - 06:19 PM

This is not my picture, it is from another site and looks like an excellent restoration of a EGT150.
It is the best picture I can find, aside from the NI Brochure, of one of these tractors.
EGT-150 Rebuild 056a.JPG

Picture is a little small but it's a goal for me to shoot for.

#89 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted October 14, 2011 - 07:17 PM

More parts arrived today, lift straps with the clips and some electrical plugs for the acc. socket.

#90 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted November 06, 2011 - 07:07 PM

I've being waiting to hear on some other parts that I need that are either missing or for front mount instead of mid mount like mine and I guess it's not going to happen.
Time to find another source for these missing parts. What I'm looking for.

1> Mower hanger bracket with the ball end for mid mount mowers, these decks have 4 of these brackets and I only have 3 of them.

2> Front lift Derrick bracket, this is a small bracket that bolts onto the front bumper, it has a belt guide on 1 end of it for the lift strap.

Anybody know anybody that has this stuff?