9 replies to this topic

#1 Ranchkingron OFFLINE  

Ranchkingron

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1613
  • 28 Thanks
  • 183 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 03:49 PM

After a little TLC the 10HP Briggs fired up on the first try all it needed was a little oil, carb rebuild and a whole lot of air to remove Mickey and Minnie's condo from under the cooling tins.

It seems to be running pretty good since it was put out to pasture a minimum of 12 years ago although it does have a little haze of either oil or fuel smoke (smells rich but is puffing light blue when it goes to WOT ?) sounds very good in high gear at idle climbing a hill so that's good.

What do you folks think will it settle down ? The cylinder looked great when I pulled the head no rust and little carbon very clean with most of the cross hatching still there.

Ron

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,685 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted September 05, 2011 - 02:51 PM

Blue smoke is oil Burning.... You may want to run a little Marvel mystery oil or sea foam in the oil for a while and see if it clears up. If not You will eventually need a set of rings.

#3 Ranchkingron OFFLINE  

Ranchkingron

Tractorholic

• 28 Thanks
  • 183 posts

Posted September 05, 2011 - 08:36 PM

Blue smoke is oil Burning.... You may want to run a little Marvel mystery oil or sea foam in the oil for a while and see if it clears up. If not You will eventually need a set of rings.

Yes Sir that's the next step, I changed the trans and bevel gearbox oil today and found it needs a front seal in the bevel gearbox but should be an easy (famous last words) fix, but I'm not sure now if it's even an AC ?

I knew it had been repainted and it's the same build as an AC/Simplicity but under the orange is what looks like Ford Blue ?

Scratch it and you have AC orange then Blue then Bare metal, any ideas what it could be ? With no tags it's tough for me to figure out.

I wonder if it's a Simplicity built Homelite T-10 ?

Ron

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0893.jpg
  • IMG_0889.jpg
  • IMG_0890.jpg
  • IMG_0892.jpg
  • IMG_0891.jpg

Edited by Ranchkingron, September 06, 2011 - 10:00 AM.

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,685 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 05:22 AM

Thats strange about the paint.... Hopefully someone will know more about this

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 05:33 AM

I can't imagine what's with the paint,unless someone else had stripped it and painted it blue once.

#6 Ranchkingron OFFLINE  

Ranchkingron

Tractorholic

• 28 Thanks
  • 183 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 10:04 AM

This answer fits the theory but Again I'm not an expert, also I think it's just plain ugly as a color scheme goes.

Never have been a fan of racing stripes and even less so on a GT !

Although it does explain the white paint on the mowing deck ?

Ron

Attached Thumbnails

• BILD0570.jpg
  • homelite_lineup.jpg
  • IMG_0849.jpg
  • IMG_0850.jpg

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#7 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,685 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 10:08 AM

The paint looks very close to the Tractors in your picture... I think you may be correct

#8 Ranchkingron OFFLINE  

Ranchkingron

Tractorholic

• 28 Thanks
  • 183 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 10:19 AM

The paint looks very close to the Tractors in your picture... I think you may be correct

Brian no offence but you just confirmed my worst nightmare and the way my luck runs, You're off my Christmas card list now LOL ! :laughingteeth:

Seriously leave it to me to find the missing illegitimate child of AC/Simplicity.

I guess the good part is it's just a paint and rebadge copy rather than one that has dedicate parts for it like the first series had ?

So if it were up to you folks what scheme would you go with based on paint, decals, looks etc. ?

Ron

#9 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 10:38 AM

Ron, From what I see in your pictures, It appears that you have a re-badged Homelite GT. Thats not all bad, they are a lot more rare than it's A/C sister GT. Unless you just don't want a Homelite, I would restore it back to that. Just thought I would offer my opinion, for what it's worth. LOL....Good Luck...
  • Ranchkingron said thank you

#10 Ranchkingron OFFLINE  

Ranchkingron

Tractorholic

• 28 Thanks
  • 183 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 11:23 AM

No I don't have an aversion to Homelite at all it's just the decals that pose a problem and matching the paint.

The crack I made about my luck is just that it never fails me i.e. bad luck.

For some weird reason I always get the interim model or the 1 of 200,000 made that takes one special part that was used for half of that production year ?

Although I'm not really liking the Blue/White Homelite scheme I would restore it back to it's original state that it was when it left the showroom if I can source the proper decals.

Ron