• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 08:01 PM

I actually had it mounted up the other day but since I had trouble with the coil I didn't get a chance to get it out of the garage and test my top link shortening I did.

I purchased the plow at the Dover, PA show and did try to get it mounted at the show so we didn't have to carry it or pick it up but my top link was too long and I couldn't get the plow off the ground more then maybe a 1/2".

The original top link was messed up when I got this 3pt hitch which I robbed off of the Snapper 1655 I sold. I went to Tractor Supply and bought the smallest top link they had and it seemed like it was going to be alright. At least with the a-frame and sleeve hitch plow it did.

So this past week I took the top link off and basically cut an inch out of each end and welded it back together. I need to primer and paint it yet but I think I have it at the right length now and it is only about a 1/2" longer then what the original one was.

I told dad that I can't wait to bury the plow in the ground and he said about before too long we will be able to. Not even 10 minutes later I went to hop on the tractor to pull it in the garage. Lifted the front end loader but forgot the plow was back there which I had in the down position and almost started going before I realized it was down LOL.

Here are the pics:

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0049.jpg
  • DSC_0048.jpg
  • DSC_0050.jpg
  • DSC_0047.jpg

#2 mac102004 ONLINE  

mac102004

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1420
  • 225 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 08:22 PM

Looks like a good sized plow. I have a 10"? I think for my SS16 Sears and it pulls it good. I'm sure the 12" will be no problem for the 1655. Going to drive away with a 3pt implement down isn't half as bad as going to walk around the back of the tractor and forgetting that it's there. LOL

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 08:32 PM

Looking great George! You coulda really messed up the driveway with that monster LOL! Can't wait to see some pics of the beast turning some dirt!

#4 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,277 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 09:46 PM

Wow, that looks great George. You will definitely need to expand your garden now.. The 800, 12, and 1655 will make quick work of it if they're all running at the same time.

#5 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 09:56 PM

Lookin George.
Those tires loaded?

#6 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 11:09 PM

That should tear up some dirt George. Looks good on the 1655.

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 07:05 AM

Lookin George.
Those tires loaded?

The tires aren't loaded yet. I have fluid waiting to be put in them, just didn't have time to do it yet.

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,434 Thanks
  • 39,673 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 07:09 AM

Looks good! Could use a little paint on it though.:bigrofl:

#9 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 07:12 AM

Looks good! Could use a little paint on it though.:bigrofl:

Yes it does need painted. Once I get the Cub 122 repainted and back together I would like to strip the plow and have it all purdied up for plow day.

#10 donjdlx OFFLINE  

donjdlx

• Member No: 5646
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted September 09, 2011 - 08:49 PM

Told you at Dover I'd post something soon, now here's my chance. I remember seeing that plow and thinking it was a decent price. Now, when you paint it up there's a trick you can perform on the rusty plow bottom to save a lot of work getting it shiny (scoured). Get a quart of graphite paint. (John Deere dealers carry it, used to be "slip plate," but now they dropped that name) I think TSC also has it. Anyway, just do a light wire brush job on the share and moldboard to knock off the loose rust. Then brush on 2 coats of the graphite paint. Once you drop the plow in the ground, it will not stick and the soil will wear the paint and rust off at the same time from the bottom up. I've done this a few times and it works great.