• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Petenpole OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 70
  • 145 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 05:22 PM

First and foremost a hearty shout out and thank you to Daniel for encouraging me to try my skills in rebuilding the sunstrand.

Its has been torn down, new roll pins installed in the swash plate and new gaskets cut and re-assembled.

Daniel you were right with patience it can be done and again thanks for the encouragement.

Now I have r3emoved and installed the pump transmission to many times. I have it down to under 3 hrs to puyll te pump and install another one without pulling the differential.

Yep the pump can be removed without pulling the differential. Now to find another input shaft for a sundstrand so I can rebuild the unit that came out of a donor 1650 to have as a spare laying around.

Next item is to convert a snow blower for a 1600 to fit on the 1655 and then replace the carb and determine why it isnt charging.

3 big tasks before the first snow.

The snow blower is the biggest challenge, either building a mule drive to hang on the 1655 to use its belt drive or finding a gear box to run the shaft drive. I also need the lift arms that go from the snow blower to the center lift if anyone has some spare parts.

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,247 Thanks
  • 29,700 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 06:15 PM

:yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::dancingbanana::dancingbanana::thumbs::thumbs::good_job: I was just a motivator....YOU did the work!

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 07:06 PM

Awesome news. I am glad to hear you tackled the challenged and came out victorious :thumbs: