22 replies to this topic

#16 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted September 14, 2011 - 06:15 AM

If no one else beats me to it, I can pop off the belt cover and get some measurements. Just won't be for a few weeks.
(Sorry - can't have mine)

As for the inside of the transaxle, I believe that Casey (http://gardentractor...s/wvbuzzmaster/ on this forum) has had one apart.
  • MH81 and vandura93 have said thanks

#17 vandura93 OFFLINE  

vandura93

• Member No: 6007
  • 2 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted September 15, 2011 - 02:39 PM

motobreeder, iam in no hurry to make it, but it will help me greatly in making one Thank You Very Much,joe.

#18 vandura93 OFFLINE  

vandura93

• 2 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted November 05, 2013 - 11:42 PM

First I want to Thank everyone who has helped with info.on my moto mower 6020-100 serial #SAMPLE, it has been a crazy year for me,illness from my time in the service has resurfaced and kept me from doing my moto mower restore but now my older son has taken on the project as of 11-2013,and he is tearing it down now for a winter project and rebuilding it so come spring I can use it for it's intended purpose,mowing the lawn, the B&s engine is fine and we have found the info. on the carb to rebuild it, I would like to know if axel seals for the trans axel are still able to be found,the trans axel is not leaking but the axel seals are, he has the trans axel out of the tractor and on the bench and checking it now,it seems fine except the seals,we have not taken the axel tube off yet,but I would like to know if the seals are on inner side (next to trans axel case) like  my 1967 JD or the wheel hub side, looking at the axel tube ,I believe the axel tube bearing is on the wheel hub side,there is a name national and the number is #50414,i believe this Is the bearing on the axel tube on the outside,they seem fine with no play in them and the axels don't seem to be worn at all, also I want this restore to be done right the first time so as to preserve it for the future and pass on to the grand children,i would like your take on the paint which is faded and some light rust, should I leave it alone or redo it,this tractor is not going to leave the family and be used as intended, my son really likes it so he doing it for me ,any help in this matter would be appricated,Thanks joe.  

• MH81 said thank you

#19 vandura93 OFFLINE  

vandura93

• 2 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted November 05, 2013 - 11:47 PM

Hi, will post more pictures as we proceed with the restore,it is nice to be part of this forum and have people with the same mind set as mine who like to keep these tractors running for the future,Thanks joe.

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,325 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 06:52 AM

Looking forward to seeing you and your son bring this back around.
As for what's inside, I have no knowledge, but there are a couple of guys here who do. We will hope they respond soon.

#21 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 11:08 AM

Nice moto mower. I got the part numbers for the axle seals will dig my book for them. They should be the same as on my porter cables. Hopefully this winter i can get mine done! You should be able to get them at any autoparts store
  • motobreeder said thank you

#22 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 09:38 PM

Here are the axle seal number moto mower 1022386. Same as massey ferg 833158m1. If you google the massey number there is a site that cross ref it with a ford, chrysler & studebaker seal which you can get. Or take the seal out and have a parts store match it. Hope this helps
  • MH81, IamSherwood and vandura93 have said thanks

#23 Wray II OFFLINE  

Wray II
  • Member No: 49219
  • 2 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 09:03 AM

First I want to Thank everyone who has helped with info.on my moto mower 6020-100 serial #SAMPLE, it has been a crazy year for me,illness from my time in the service has resurfaced and kept me from doing my moto mower restore but now my older son has taken on the project as of 11-2013,and he is tearing it down now for a winter project and rebuilding it so come spring I can use it for it's intended purpose,mowing the lawn, the B&s engine is fine and we have found the info. on the carb to rebuild it, I would like to know if axel seals for the trans axel are still able to be found,the trans axel is not leaking but the axel seals are, he has the trans axel out of the tractor and on the bench and checking it now,it seems fine except the seals,we have not taken the axel tube off yet,but I would like to know if the seals are on inner side (next to trans axel case) like  my 1967 JD or the wheel hub side, looking at the axel tube ,I believe the axel tube bearing is on the wheel hub side,there is a name national and the number is #50414,i believe this Is the bearing on the axel tube on the outside,they seem fine with no play in them and the axels don't seem to be worn at all, also I want this restore to be done right the first time so as to preserve it for the future and pass on to the grand children,i would like your take on the paint which is faded and some light rust, should I leave it alone or redo it,this tractor is not going to leave the family and be used as intended, my son really likes it so he doing it for me ,any help in this matter would be appricated,Thanks joe.  

You probably already found out that the number you listed is a seal number for your axle. Did y'all finish the old girl out?

• vandura93 said thank you