• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted February 05, 2012 - 08:47 PM

I get it now it has a low speed and high speed, I couldn't figure out how it had two different size pulleys going to the same size pulleys it had me completely baffled so if i know the damentions of the engine pulley I can make one at work.

You are correct, You have a total of 6 forward speeds
The pulley on the engine is one size
  • wrbourget said thank you

#47 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• Member No: 6649
  • 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted February 05, 2012 - 09:12 PM

Once I figure out the size of those pulleys I'll be all set, this is quite a machine it's going to fit in well with my different tractor collection, the only thing i have that comes close to this one is a Simplicity Sunrunner.

#48 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted February 08, 2012 - 08:42 PM

Sorry for the delay, Here are the pictures
After looking at the pics I think she needs to be washed and waxed in the spring :D

ek pulley pic 001.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• ek pulley pic 003.jpg
  • ek pulley pic 002.jpg

• wrbourget said thank you

#49 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted February 09, 2012 - 08:04 AM

Sorry for the delay, Here are the pictures
After looking at the pics I think she needs to be washed and waxed in the spring :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29612[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29613[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29614[/ATTACH]

100_0412.jpg

Does it mow pretty good I use that simplicity sunrunner to do a lot of the trim work around the yard, it works very good but it has a few draw backs being rear wheel steer. One it's a little tricky to operate and takes a lot of concentration and you can not look at the rear tires while your operating it, Two the front casters dig up the grass if there is any uneven surface. I know about articulating tractors and on a articulating tractor where ever you steer the front tires that is where your rear tires are going to go every time well hopefully i can get this up and running by spring thanks for the info.

#50 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted February 09, 2012 - 06:12 PM

It will definietly Work better than the rear wheel steer you posted.
The EK's have a 21'' turning radius and they man maneuver around tight corners and just about any obstacle.

Here's a short video of the EK turning, Its nothing like your normal mower, Once you turn the wheel on the EK, The steering wheel will not start drifting back to the middle like your average mower, If I were to leave that EK running in circles It would stay there all day.

• KennyP said thank you

#51 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 649 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted February 09, 2012 - 06:51 PM

i love cutting grass with myLK, EK and GK. theres nothing like it if you have lots of tress in your yard. i mow alot of grass so i manly use the GK with a 72in bat wing deck. what use to take me 8 hours to mow with a j.d 670 diesel with a 60in deck now takes 4 or 5 hours with the GK.

#52 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted February 10, 2012 - 07:40 AM

It will definietly Work better than the rear wheel steer you posted.
The EK's have a 21'' turning radius and they man maneuver around tight corners and just about any obstacle.

Here's a short video of the EK turning, Its nothing like your normal mower, Once you turn the wheel on the EK, The steering wheel will not start drifting back to the middle like your average mower, If I were to leave that EK running in circles It would stay there all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx7qjPP_Tzw

I'm going to try and get it running before it's time to cut grass but finding an engine for it is turning out to be a bit of a chalange, i do have a 10 horse Briggs I might end up using that well i have a few leads on the right engine to follow up on.

#53 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,487 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted February 10, 2012 - 09:10 AM

I want one!!!!! :mecry: Those are so cool. Thanks for the video, I could watch it all day!

#54 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted February 10, 2012 - 09:39 AM

The original Engines were Wisconsins (TRA-10D)

If you keep checking craigslist and ebay you will find one eventually. I would try and find a wisconsin to put in there, You just cant beat the dependability and power of a wisconsin (In my opinion)

#55 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted February 25, 2012 - 08:29 AM

I think i found the engine for it but i have to buy two other wisconsin engines and a buzz saw mill with it, One of the engines is like 30 inches tall, it's a one cyl but i couldn't find any numbers on it, just curious as to what it might be.

#56 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted February 25, 2012 - 08:35 AM

Sorry forgot the pictures of the two unknown engines. Oh well cant get the pictures on here for some reason.

Edited by wrbourget, February 25, 2012 - 08:39 AM.