Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for October 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#16 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 10:53 AM

This may be one of those hard to pull off months. We gave each month a theme according to the voting results that we had received. We might have to change this months theme if need be.

i quess im confused on the theme part, what should the pictures show?

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 11:21 AM

i quess im confused on the theme part, what should the pictures show?

Pics of the tractor plowing, tilling, or cultivating....just any pic of the tractor doing garden work, and/or pics with some of the fruit/vegetables from your garden around/on your tractor. General garden stuff, as in Keith's pics with his tractor pulling the trailer loaded with garden harvest.

#18 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 01:21 PM

ok , but my garden this yr was a poo pile. I do however have some pic's of other yrs and some playing around??

#19 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 02:45 PM

ok , but my garden this yr was a poo pile. I do however have some pic's of other yrs and some playing around??

That will be fine. We need entries! Long as it involves the garden!

#20 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 04:16 PM

scan0018.jpg Ok introducing you guys to my 1962, 917.60628 Sears Suburban. I got this tractor at a public auction in about 2002. Its powered by a Briggs 143402 engine of 6hp. It has a hand clutch, and vari-speed The tractor came with a hand operated 3 pt hitch and factory wheel weight/ dual kit. These 50# weights are cone shaped and let you add duals to their pointed ends, to become the mounting place. I use this tractor for just about everything in the yard or garden, even pull trucks around with it once in a while.

I have almost every factory attachment for it and all with David Bradley tags, as thats who orginally built it. Acually i have double or triple of each attachment, as at one time they just fell from the sky. We can plow, cultivate, seed, harrow, disc, mow, and have a 3pt engine powered roto-spader that i use also. In the yard it dethatches, pulls the sweeper, and blades the snow off the drive, or pushes dirt with blades mounted on either end. Im posting some picutes here of it doing various things around the yard/garden.

Attached Thumbnails

• harrowing.jpg
  • scan0017.jpg
  • 628 garden.jpg
  • 628 seeder.jpg
  • 628 hiller.jpg

#21 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 04:25 PM

Nice looking old workhorse you got there!

#22 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 06:37 PM

Nice looking old workhorse you got there!

Sure is! I had a 62 Suburban & loved it. Basically mine was the same, but different hood/grill, and an older Model 14 Briggs. I'm here to tell you....they are gooduns!

#23 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 08:49 PM

Sure is! I had a 62 Suburban & loved it. Basically mine was the same, but different hood/grill, and an older Model 14 Briggs. I'm here to tell you....they are gooduns!

look behind the photo with the seeder, thats another 62 model, but it the 725 series using a model 19 Briggs. You need the taller hood and grill to fit it under there. All the 725's have a grill in the hood sides and the 600 series used a shorter plain hood.

#24 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 09:05 PM

I need to correct myself. Mine must have been like a 50 or so model. It had the oval cast front grille. Been many a year since owning it, so I forget the year for sure. Mine had individual hand brakes.

#25 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 09:51 PM

That would be correct, 59 to 61 used an oval hood, the first model for 62 was also an oval hood(model 622), then the whole series changed to the sq ones. Starting with the 623, and 624. The only differance was electric starting. Like the very first model(601), the 623 came out with hand operated brakes from the factory. After that you had to buy them seperate. My 628(pictured) came with a build card stating July of 1962 is when it came off the line. It may have been built for the 63' model yr, but i've always called it a 62. It also has no brakes on it, but luckily i live on pretty flat ground here.

#26 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted September 07, 2011 - 08:59 AM

Come on guys! Nominate your tractor! Stack some corn stalks next to it, or some potatoes in the seat! Not that hard to do!

#27 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted September 07, 2011 - 07:32 PM

If I have time tomorrow, I'll see if I can get one of mine ready. Just bought a bag of tators and have a small bell pepper I can put in the trailer. I ain't picking one of the maters. They are too small to see yet.

#28 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,561 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted September 07, 2011 - 07:49 PM

If I have time tomorrow, I'll see if I can get one of mine ready. Just bought a bag of tators and have a small bell pepper I can put in the trailer. I ain't picking one of the maters. They are too small to see yet.

That's the spirit Kenny!

#29 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted September 08, 2011 - 12:12 PM

I would like to nominate my 1983 John Deere Model 68 this month. This is mostly a mower, but occasionally sees duty as a trailer toter. Seeing I had produce in the garden that needed picked and hauled to the house, I hooked up the trailer and proceeded to collect the harvest.

Image003.jpg

I bought this lawn tractor about a month ago for $40. I had no idea where to start with it, so I found some files to download. First off was getting it to run. The PO had removed the ignition switch so no one would steal it. I looked at a spare I had on a sears and saw it had the same wiring hook up. So I proceeded to remove it from the other tractor and hook it up on the 68. After removing the gas tank and carb for through cleaning, I added fuel, checked the oil, and installed an old battery. To my surprise, it started fairly easily. I finally got the new belts and clutch spring installed and this morning mowed the yard with it. Great little mower that really scoots in 5th gear.
I had to zoom in on the 'load of produce' so you folks wouldn't miss it.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image002.jpg
  • Image001.jpg

#30 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 08, 2011 - 12:29 PM

I would nominate one of mine,but I no longer have a garden,and I very stupidly sold my plows and harrows with the 1855 at couple or so years ago.So I don't have anything to show.