Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for October 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 11:02 AM

We are now taking nominations for featured tractor of the month for October 2011. The theme for this month is "Harvest Month". Your nomination must be pictured with any harvest from your garden or shown working the garden.

I also can't emphasize enough to please provide at least 2 paragraphs for the description of you tractor. Your tractor is going to be featured on the front page of GTtalk, this is your chance to shine and let everyone know about your tractor.

Here are the rules:

• Tractor being nominated must not have been a featured in the last 12 months.
  • Please give at least a two paragraph description to tell us about your tractor.
  • You need 2 photos attached to your post as attachments, not linked from another site, the year make and model, and a brief description of your history with the tractor and what you use it for most.

We will accept up to 15 nominations, this thread will be closed after the 15th nomination. Once 15 nominations are made we will start a new thread for the voting. Voting will run to the end of the current month and on the 1st of the following month the winner will be featured on the GTtalk Home Page and in our Featured Tractors section.

Rules subject to change to better work for everyone. Good luck!

Just so everyone knows ahead of time, we are going to be sticking tighter to the above mentioned guidelines because we will have a nice surprise starting soon for the Featured Tractor of the Month.

Edited by NUTNDUN, September 01, 2011 - 05:26 AM.

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted September 01, 2011 - 05:51 AM

Well, I'm out of this one. Garden never produced. Need to till it under, but I loaned some of the parts to attach it to skyrydr2.

#3 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,412 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted September 01, 2011 - 07:40 AM

Well, I'm out of this one. Garden never produced. Need to till it under, but I loaned some of the parts to attach it to skyrydr2.

Se now you've done it, I feel terrible, you could have waited :mecry: NOT :bigrofl: Now you'll just have to nominate my rig instead, ill hook up my tiller and do some tilling for a photo shoot :smile1:

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted September 01, 2011 - 04:17 PM

Keith, nominate it your self, it's your tractor. I can wait for other months. The LGT 165 came in second the only time I put it in there and I'm happy with that. Just need to be ready for upcoming nominations.

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,645 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 01, 2011 - 04:43 PM

Keith, nominate it your self, it's your tractor. I can wait for other months. The LGT 165 came in second the only time I put it in there and I'm happy with that. Just need to be ready for upcoming nominations.

Yes, put her in there Keith! I'm sitting out this month also. My garden finished harvest a while back, so nothing to pose with any tractor anyway.

#6 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,412 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted September 02, 2011 - 07:14 PM

Well here goes, I would like to see my 1982 Ford LGT 165 be nominated for tractor of the month.
I acquired this tractor back in August, 2009 and new it had potential. It was a basket case to say the least. Well I figured I would at least see if everything worked before I parted it out, but needed to get an engine in it first.
Well I just happened to have an 18hp Briggs twin I could try it with.
Got the engine grafted in and took it for a ride, the transmission worked perfectly as did the deck lift too. Well now I was very happy and wanted to try the deck out but had to figure out how to get the pto to work? One 1" to 1 1/8" bushing and a few Shims and it was working, next issue, mule drive didn't line up? This was an easy fix by re drilling 2 new holes for the cross pin , got a 2" longer belt and I was in business and it has not stopped mowing since .
This tractor has evolved ever since to be and do just what I want it to do, it plows and grades, tills and bottom plows, snowblows, and tows. It is my main machine for sure.
It has Hydraulics front and rear, 3 point hitch, multi speed pto and best of all powersteering and a 3 cylinder diesel powering it.
This is the pride of my fleet for sure ,I just love this rig and so does my daughter too .

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0289.jpg
  • IMAG0253.jpg
  • IMAG0284.jpg

Edited by NUTNDUN, September 04, 2011 - 07:29 AM.

#7 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,645 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 02, 2011 - 07:32 PM

More nominations needed guys!

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted September 02, 2011 - 07:58 PM

1 is not enough? Darn!

#9 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,412 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 04:37 AM

I need an e mail address to send the correct pics to, the "attachment" link doesn't work correctly for me.

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 05:15 AM

I was wondering what was going on with the pics. I can't help with this. Need a mod here!

#11 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 05:40 AM

If you click to edit your post and then click on go advanced. Once on that edit page you can click on manage attachments to change the attachments.

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 05:39 PM

From the looks of things, it may be a little lonely for you this month, Keith. Anybody else got a tractor to nominate?

#13 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,645 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 06:10 PM

Took a few days last month to get them nominated, and busy as folks are, will be again. Many are tied up with Holiday weekend festivities.

#14 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 07:27 AM

This may be one of those hard to pull off months. We gave each month a theme according to the voting results that we had received. We might have to change this months theme if need be.

#15 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 07:30 AM

I need an e mail address to send the correct pics to, the "attachment" link doesn't work correctly for me.

Keith, I merged your two posts and got the photos attached to your nomination post.