• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 whspioneer89 OFFLINE  

whspioneer89

• Member No: 2598
  • 17 Thanks
  • 59 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 07:48 PM

Video of my Gravely 800 series with Kohler K301 engine. Broken rod. Tractor is rough but has some possibilities.

Gravely 814 Engine Video - YouTube

The gear on the crankshaft of the engine just fell off and laid inside the transmission. Is there suposed to be a bolt and washer to hold it to the crankshaft?

#2 whspioneer89 OFFLINE  

whspioneer89

• Member No: 2598
  • 17 Thanks
  • 59 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 06:39 PM

I think it's an 812 not 814. I was able to clean up the crankshaft and installed a new rod I had in a box of parts I bought at an auction about 10 years ago. That box of parts has repaid it'self many times over. Lucked out that. My small engine repair manual was big help with the torques and tolerances. Found all the bearings and washers for the engine to transmission gear and reinstalled engine yesterday. Fixed the points and some wiring today and had it running. Didn't sound too bad. Moved the tractor forward and back a few times and raised the deck a few times. Turned the deck on. Was using a temp plastic gas tank so couldn't lower the seat and ride it. Just have to fix the two tires on the right side, new key switch and clean the gas tank. And weld the cracked frame. First rider Gravely I'll have to play with.

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,210 posts

Posted September 05, 2011 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for the video. These Gravely's are great machines