Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips, how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

Bolens Gardener Sickle mower parts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jchurch OFFLINE  

jchurch

• Member No: 5700
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 03:05 AM

Hey everyone, this may have been asked by someone else, but I'll ask it anyway. I have a Bolens Huski Gardener with a sickle bar attachment that is in really great shape except for a couple of the "guards" are broken/missing. It may need some new knives/blades too, but I haven't looked that close. Does anyone know if parts from other brands of sickle bar mowers fit this one, or are new parts available somewhere?

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 04:25 AM

jchurch,welcome to the forum,
Glad to have you with us.
Do you have any pictures?

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 13,182 Thanks
  • 26,787 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 04:44 AM

Welcome to GTtalk! Can't help with your parts, maybe someone 'in the know' will be along shortly.

#4 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 1,158 Thanks
  • 1,116 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 07:51 AM

Does anyone know if parts from other brands of sickle bar mowers fit this one, or are new parts available somewhere?

I can not give you specific interchange information, but I believe there were only a few sizes of knives, bars, and guards, that were used by most manufacturers.

For example, Bolens more than likely did not manufacture those parts for their own machines, but bought readily available items from an outside source.

With that said, you should be able to match something from another brand to fit your Bolens.
  • Bolens 1000 said thank you

#5 jchurch OFFLINE  

jchurch

• Member No: 5700
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for the welcome and replies. I need to get some photos up. It's not a real beauty, but it's in pretty clean shape and runs well. I plan on using it for it's intended purpose instead of making a show piece out of it. Bruce; my son, who is the real mechanic when it come to all things mechanical thought the same thing that you did. I'll keep my eye open for some older sickle bars locally that I can get parts from.
thanks again folks,
Jim

#6 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,013 Thanks
  • 1,279 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 02:26 PM

:welcometogttalk:Jim, My bolens walk behind sickle mower has the same fingers and knives as my Haban mower on my minnie moline. Shawn :wave::wave:

#7 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 2,024 Thanks
  • 2,017 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 04:44 PM

A lot of times you find that Jari mower parts will fit the garden tractor ones. It also possible in some cases to find a brand X bar and rerivit the drive parts from your old bar. Finding good snake heads might be a problem, but then agian some off of another type mower may work out.
  • Bolens 1000 said thank you

#8 earthgrinder OFFLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 450
  • 359 Thanks
  • 197 posts

Posted September 01, 2011 - 07:22 PM

A couple of months ago I visited my favorite U-Pull-It yard that has a lawn & garden section. I found a sickle bar from a Bolens, not sure the model, but it was a walk behind. It has the same guards and knives as my sickle bar on my Model T Rototiller and my Frazer sickle bars. If you cannot find anything locally, I probably would sell some guards and knives.