3 replies to this topic

#1 allenblakee OFFLINE  

allenblakee

• Member No: 5130
  • 0 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 06:38 PM

Howdy Yet Again!

Well, last post today I promise. However now that I've got the tractor humming along, hydraulicing like new, and of course some new tires I've set my sights on getting the 3 point working again.

The short story is this: I'm missing the lower bars and the upper hitch portion and one of the eyelets that is normally welded in place has been pulled out.

Is it better to try and wrangle up all the missing peices? Fabricate the missing peices? Or maybe I just scrap it and buy one of the pre-fabricated versions.

Thanks again all!

-allen

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 08:01 PM

Allen. You could try recyclers like Tractorsalesandparts.com They have hundreds of JD GT's for parting out. The 3pt hitches are in demand so the prices are quite high.

#3 allenblakee OFFLINE  

allenblakee

• Member No: 5130
  • 0 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 11:17 PM

I'll check them out and see what I can find. There are some well reviewed hitches that are bolt ons that you can get for about 350.00, so I don't want to spend more than than to fix it up for obvious reasons. It's good to know that there are dedicated wreckers out there for the JDs. Thanks!

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 06:42 AM

Good luck finding what you need. Ruegg sells the lower cat 0 hitch arms for 145$. They don't show up on the web site but are in the Advert. on WFM.